Another one......

Lucky it was a discovery he crashed into otherwise it may have been a different story. Surely they must have to do something about this soon?

what action can you take tho?

theres nothing that can prevent it from happening in the first place, its not like a game where it comes up flashing on the screen wrong way

i think he means re-tests for older drivers instead of just one form to fill out saying you are fine to drive!

i think he means re-tests for older drivers instead of just one form to fill out saying you are fine to drive!

Correct. I must have posted about 5 or more of these threads now, and there's probably more which don't hit the media.

Aiya. Shouldn't you have to do a retest every 10 years or something? It's always struck me as stupid that you don't. Not least of all it would be an excellent source of additional income for the Government so we can cut down on other taxes :laugh:

Yeah, i completely agree with retests, every 10 years should seem adequate.
Should at least do something to help stuff like this happening!

I don't know how he done that, there's only a couple of places to actually get onto it o_O

Well at least he'll give up his Licence....time to get a Bus pass.

Bloody 4x4 drivers, oblivious to everything, even an old man driving the wrong way down the road towards him didn't make him take avoiding action :rolleyes:

Blimey, from Salisbury was he?!
Agree with the tests every ten years, it might do a lot to stop all these accidents.

Well if you lot don't mind paying even more money to retake your test 0o.
And if you think the government will reduce other taxes lol, what planet are you on!?

i think alot of you miss the point when some of these old folk first got a licence there was no driving test! so some of them have always been ###t drivers and more often than not they cant see where there going so dont see when theyve taken a wrong turn or cut you up or driven twenty miles the wrong way down a motorway into a landie!
i for one dont want to have to pay for a retest every ten years and if you think the goverment would stop taxing you on something else because their making you pay a new tax your very sadly mistaken.
i do however think you should have to take a sight test every five years and if you fail you lose your licence!
until you get your vision rectified!
and if you cant/wont then you lose it full stop
it amazes me the amount of people who are suppossed to wear glasses for driving yet dont because of vanity!
what looks better wearing glasses ? or wearing landrover? :grinning:
rant over!

there was an article about this in the paper the other day, a 81 year old woman driving 15 miles along the motorway in the wrong direction, she said she couldn't understand the signs at the roundabout and drove up the exit slip road and didn't realize it till cars were coming towards her. :confused:

yep didn't realize it, was quiet on the roads according to her and she carried on because she couldn't turn around

Back