Another example why old drivers should be tested

Definatly, always thought when you hit 65-70 you should have a test every 2-3 years, cheaper of course and slighty diferent to the test to pass first time round.

They won't mate, they'll just feel sorry for her. She should have her licence removed for that!!! How can you push the accelerator instead of the brake?? Even if you do you'll surely notice and move your foot!!!

God this kind of stuff winds me up!!!!

I got cut up twice by some old bloke today!!! He was in a 1.2 K10 so I didn't get angry at him!!!

special circumstances should not be applied to people depending on their age i bet if a young lad in sporty car had done that they would have given him points or a ban, most old people on the road are a serious danger 15mph in a 40mph is a common occurence round my way and it seriously aggrivates people

I saw an old woman stop her car yesterday on a main road because she couldnt see (sun was glaring). Caused major traffic problems.

That article is also in The Sun today, with about 3 pictures of the incident.

She quotes saying "I've never had an accident"...bless....

most old people on the road are a serious danger
I bet you'll change your tune when you get older! They pay less insurance because they are involved in less accidents. It would be fairer to retest everyone every few years, regardless of age. Bet most people would fail!

you would have thought that if she had hit the throttle then that would have thrown her towards the back of the car so that she would be too far away to carry on pressing the pedal...

obviously an automatic... i bloody hate automatics!

I bet you'll change your tune when you get older! They pay less insurance because they are involved in less accidents. It would be fairer to retest everyone every few years, regardless of age. Bet most people would fail!

id put that down to there being less old people than young people (big assumption) lol and as for when i get older! ######## to driving myself thats why you have kids to get driven about :D he he

Oh god i see so many old people using them on public roads!! why on earth do they think they should be used there..

what people dont understand is that accident figures only go on what is reported to the insurance companies...

ie, the reason most women have less accidents....how many women are on their husbands / boyfriends insurance premiums????/...........who gets the insurance hike?.....

its all crap! .....utter crap.... and needs a serious re-think...

i mean, i have had three accidents... two of wich tottaly wrote the cars off.... but because i was on third party only....the insurance company never found out...i just scrapped them..... this means that i show no accidents ever..... but its cos i havent claimed..

its a load of poo!!!

I've seen a few old people riding scooters in the road but the one that was the worst was Last year when an old lady on a scooter riding in the road, went though a red light on a crossroad, and almost got hit by a fast moving bus

Back