another gearbox filler question

okay I have read all the other posts on this, and still cant find it

changed the clutch on my stepdaughters 97 (R) reg 1.0 (nightmare job as everything was rotten and rounded off - ended up engine out as it was easier - and then had to replace both track rod ends) lost oil when I removed the driveshafts but cant for the life of me find the refill plug, Haynes said early cars thru the speedo (mine has large plastic nut) and if not there its on the front of the box, cant find it, anyone got a pic of where it should be that they can post

oh and the clutch replacement didnt fix the noises fromt he box entirely - the release bearing noise has gone but still have a whine when accelerating so think the diff is just noisy now - hopwfully some oil back in it will shut it up a bit :down:

thanks

Paul
Southend

you fill it down the speedo drive paul, 10mm bolt then break the seal/gasket join and pull the drive out :0

thanks guys, will have another look , managed to remove the cable okay when doing the clutch so hopefully the drive will come out easy enough (doubt it as most of the other stuff was stuck)

Paul
Southend

you fill it down the speedo drive paul, 10mm bolt then break the seal/gasket join and pull the drive out :0

once the 10mm bolt is undone tap it to the side(over the edge) so you can tap it gently from under neath
for the tap tap part i used a large size flat head,cause less damage than a sharp small one:grinning::grinning:

Back