gear box

CMF_Micra_King

» CMF Member
Guys I am changing my gear box oil this weekend but this morning I looked to see where the top plug is to refill it and I cant see one. I have a 97 model so I cant see why it would be different to the 95 s1 model. can anyone tell me where I need to look.

CMF_Micra_King

» CMF Member
OK THINK i SEE IT NOW. I WAS LOOKING FOR A OIL DRAIN BOLT TYPE THING BUT ITS A PLUG TYPE AND IS ON THE SIDE FACING THE RADIAOTOR? ALSO LOOKS LIKE AN HALF INCH SOCKET END FITS IN IT OR IS THERE A TOOL I NEED TO GET TO DO IT. SORRY FOR THE CAPS BUT IM ON MY WORK COMP.

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
http://maddox.xmission.com/keyboard4.jpg

I kid :p

It's either 3/8" or 1/2" but I can't be sure - last time I did it I had this funky tool my dad had which was a double-ended thing with heaps of different square bits hanging off it for that kinda thing.

Last time I did one of mine I filled it up to just at the level of that hole - a couple of other people on here suggested this was where to fill up to.

As long as you don't do what one of the people that came up to the winton track day last weekend did - undo the sump plug thinking that it was a possible fill hole... he was a little surprised when oil started coming out of the hole... :p

---dens

CMF_Micra_King

» CMF Member
Changed it today. The bottom plug was a bitch to remove but got it after 2hours of swearing at it. Man what a big difference it has made to the way it changes gears now and the wining gear type noise I was getting in 1st and 2nd is gone too. The multi tool I got to remove the plugs was rubbish so if others need to do the job on theres then dont wast money on them. I also put in a new thermostat as my temps was always sitting on 1/4 way and im glad I did as the old one was stuffed and open all the time.

Back