Manual gearbox help

CMF_xsoarerx

» CMF Member
recently while driving on a hot day (for about 30mins) all of a sudden i couldnt get it into gear, just grind every one... pulled over and let it sit for 5. started it up, wouldnt go in gear, turned it off and started it in gear and it would want to jump even with the clutch in... WTF.. turned it back off, back on gave it some revs and it went it and just gave it heaps of revs for the next 1km up the road... after this it was fine untill yesterday.

now i cant get it into any gear while the car is on, when the car is off it will go in fine. checked the clutch cable and it was pretty much on full slack, tightened it up alittle and still the same.

checked the gearbox oil. was full as from the front plug, not excatly sure how so much oil was in there, about .5 of a liter came out when i took the bung off, got back in the car, can put it into 1st and 2nd now but nothing after that inc. reverse.

thinking its either the throw out or ive done a box.

what ya think?

CMF_xsoarerx

» CMF Member
sounds about right, all the linkages look fine from what ive seen too. there is alittle bit of flex in the clutch cable leaver but being stock clutch etc... im sure that wouldnt matter.

drove mint for the last two years no wines, no noises then all of a sudden this.

CMF_Jon (2)

» CMF Member
mipcar WROTE:

"You said that even with the clutch in it wanted to go forward.

Nothing to do with syncro's either your clutch or pressure plate are gone. Or maybe the throw out.

+1
My money would be on the pressure plate or throwout bearing failing.
Whats the clutch pedal feel like?

CMF_xsoarerx

» CMF Member

yeah, got stressed and called RACQ. he's like, its DEF. the pressure plate. 225,000kms.

soo... gona ring around tomorrow and see the going rates to change one. just changed the gearbox in my skyline so i CBF atm!

CMF_xsoarerx

» CMF Member
humm... kinda.

im pretty sure the racq guy is spot on. goes into every gear fine when cars off, when cars on, push the clutch and yeah, doesnt want to play the game.

any good micra friendly workshops on the south side of brisbane?

CMF_xsoarerx

» CMF Member
yeah, need the car done by tomorrow night, got work/uni... couldnt of come at the worst time.

give you some money if you come over and help me out tonight tho :p

prices so far are 500+ :S

CMF_xsoarerx

» CMF Member
just called a place locally. 420, inc clutch and new gearbox oil.

free tow from RACQ.

thanks man... but yeah, over working on cars atm :S been fixing my old skyline and supra, got an suzuki alto for my next daily, then this happens... bah!

jcmicra, ill send you a pm ;)

CMF_xsoarerx

» CMF Member
apperently i didnt hear right and it was 660 all up, even tho i asked twice and both times he said yes, oh well... its fixed.

lession learnt.

problem, one of the springs poped out of the clutch plate, strange.

Back