Another question!

So my micra /mini conversion frame has turned up and now im looking into drive shafts.
My original idea was to cut and shut a pair of shafts onto the mini ones i have laying around but i havnt the time or skills to measure up and find a company to make them for me.

Allspeed offer a set to fit their frame and setup which they are labelling as CG13
See here : http://www.allspeedengineering.com/index.php/nissan/drivetrain/cg13-driveshafts-detail

Now my question is they are quoted at having 22t (micra end) and 19t at the mini end. Fair enough, but when i counted the teeth inside the G/box its something like 23/24 splines depending on how you count them. Am i going mad or something? Or am i meant to be counting the bit going into the pot joint and not into the G/box.
I have one pot joint with a small amount of driveshaft still left on it but i cant get it out the box to count them and i need to order the shafts soonish.
Can anyone confirm that these are what i need? I am pretty sure i have a 1.3 box but here are some photos if that helps? It came with a leccy speedo drive and has a different gear linkage connector to the small 1.0 box i have.
View into the box :
10433159_10152578953847233_8474738243268828255_n.jpg

1503287_10152578954327233_6553264871808037503_n.jpg

10610732_10152578953967233_449363921460176216_n.jpg

Hey Nelly,

The picture in the link you posted shows a solid shaft with no inner or outer CVs (which makes sense) so they are talking about 22t into the Micra inner CV joint (pot joint) and the other end fitting the 19t mini outer CV joint.

I can't help you with the gearbox question I'm afraid but you're going to have to get those inner CVs (pot joints) off at some point anyway so do it now and you could count the splines...
other than that maybe talk to allspeed and confirm what gearbox the drive shafts are compatible with.

I've gotta sort drive shafts for mine soon.... ;) we only got 1.3 k11s and none of the coilpack ones so the possibilities for me are limited and no one makes new drives shafts except a custom order.

the 22t is the splines of the bare shaft niki, not the c/v outer spline
and the preface 1.0 shafts have 19t (same as the mini i guess ?)
you will need to disassemble the inboard 1.3 shafts to fit those billet shafts, and there are 2 different designs of c/v i believe (spider type and ball type)

I feel silly - i worked it out just as i posted it lol.
So can I order what ive posted above but then i MUST order inner Cvs ( pot joints) that will fit the 22t splines? Then i can just fit my mini out CVs to the other ends?
How do i know which inner CVs id need to buy?

these are the 2 types of c/v niki, different sizes i know but i think both sizes were fitted with spider or ball (but the shaft spine may well be the same on both spider or ball tho ?)
for those billet shafts you will need facelift or 1.3 inboard c/v,s

P1240476.JPG

And it doesnt matter if they are spider or ball CVs so long as they are 1.3 (Facelift) inners with 22t on the inside and 23 on the outside ( g/box end)? If i buy a CV set does it come with the spidery or tri-star shaped bits?

And it doesnt matter if they are spider or ball CVs so long as they are 1.3 (Facelift) inners with 22t on the inside and 23 on the outside ( g/box end)? If i buy a CV set does it come with the spidery or tri-star shaped bits?
inboard c/v,s are hard to source usually niki, they tend to supply outboard or full shaft only

butt plugs. Il go have a search. I think i need the slotty type one rather than the ball + star as thats what fell off the box when delivered.

Back