Ga16 Gearbox options

Hi guys and gas. The Micra is going to be sitting up for a while now and I'm thinking of putting a GA16 into her.

There's a few cars over here (almeras) but most are the 1.4L the 1.6 seems to have only come in auto form.

So will the CG10 Gearbox fit onto a Ga16? Am I asking for shrapnel by using the wee 1.0 gearbox.

Mind you this project is just for laughs while I'm waiting to get the RB26 back on the road (Y)(Y)(Y)

Thanks for teh reply Frank. Damn that;s a shame. ACtually my car's a 99 prefacelift jap import.

Yeah you're right come to think of it. With the auto box I'd need a flywheel and clutch off something else to replace the auto torque converter. I doubt if the CG flywheel will fit a GA.

So it'll have to be a manul GA16 I'm looking for + gearbox.

I wonder will the QG15 fit.... plenty of them availible as donors.

Thanks for teh reply Frank. Damn that;s a shame. ACtually my car's a 99 prefacelift jap import.

Yeah you're right come to think of it. With the auto box I'd need a flywheel and clutch off something else to replace the auto torque converter. I doubt if the CG flywheel will fit a GA.

So it'll have to be a manul GA16 I'm looking for + gearbox.

I wonder will the QG15 fit.... plenty of them availible as donors.

the CG and GA have the same 6 bolt fitting, but you would have to open up the centre bore of the CG f/wheel tho, and the QG15 g/box was very weak eh fwn

You can fit a GA14 box. Will give better acceleration than th 16 box ( think the GA14 box is the same or similar to the CG13...?)

Thanks guys for clearing things up.

As for the center bore of the flywheel.... I just happen to have a lathe in work so no probs there opening up the center bore to fit the crank. :grinning:

I was actually asking would a QG engine itself fit instead of the GA. Since the QG is the "replacement" for the GA.

I also read on another thread (yes i have searched) that if I made my own engine mounts (Perk from work) then i don't have to cut the chassis or make drive shafts.

whoo hoo.

i think you,ll find that the options are mod the chassis OR mod the shafts geese, and the QG is more suited to a post 2000 k11 (both having crank sensors and coil over plugs)

QG's are crap in comparison to the GA's IMO

So many limiting factors on QG's with alot more that can go wrong.

i think you,ll find that the options are mod the chassis OR mod the shafts geese, and the QG is more suited to a post 2000 k11 (both having crank sensors and coil over plugs)

Again thanks for that info.

Well then it's out with an angle grinder so!

Back