Am i ####ed???

Stani1029

Club Member
well the next thing not looking so good for me is that i got a letter through the door from the insurance company stating that i did not declare my points on my insurance when i first took it out in may i think it was, they have asked me to write them a letter asking why i decided not to tell them eventhough its kinda something you dont miss out when taking out insurance. anybody been in this situation? what do i do?

they will just revoke your insurance and refuse to insure you or maybe reinsure you at the correct rate if your lucky, but if you already had an accident then your insurance is invalid in which case yes ur f*&$ed

well i took the insurance out in may approx and as a multicar policy, i have had an accident which wasnt my fault, i didnt claim as im tpft (the cars a write off) so i took the loss myself. like i didnt need to tell the insurance about the accident and then i would have been driving my car on this policy without knowing the points werent decalred. so its like ive put myself into a bad situation when it not my fault! i just told the insurance about the accident incase anything was to come of it and thats how ive now found the points arent declared, on the letter it says they may declare the policy to have been no effect or void from the start date. i cant afford to lose my license, i have a baby boy on the way and i really need my license for a job!!

Why didn't you declare your points? If you missed them off by mistake, or believe they missed them, then you should have noticed them when reading through your certificate of motor insurance you was issued at the start of the policy.

They may ask you to pay the difference in premium, the worse case scenario is that they may cancel the insurance and refuse to insure you, which you WILL have to notify any future insurers, which will seriously affect the cost of your premiums.

Why didn't you declare your points? If you missed them off by mistake, or believe they missed them, then you should have noticed them when reading through your certificate of motor insurance you was issued at the start of the policy.

They may ask you to pay the difference in premium, the worse case scenario is that they may cancel the insurance and refuse to insure you, which you WILL have to notify any future insurers, which will seriously affect the cost of your premiums.

i always declare my points, so im confused as to why they dont have that on the system. and points arent shown on the certificate of motor insurance, isnt it just the make/model of car, named drivers and start stop dates??

i would pay any difference in premuim happily not that it will even be much cause once i had a cheaper quote with points on my license.

what if they cancel the insurance from the start date and i get more points etc. id get all my money back right?? otherwise what have i been paying for all this time.....what next eh?

cheers tom im going to phone them tomorrow as they want me to write letters to them which is no use to me, id rather they told me straight than having to wait and worry

My certificate of motor insurance shows my convictions, may be different for other insurers though, they don't have to refund the money if they cancel the policy on the basis that you wasn't truthful, I'd call them up and speak to them about it before sending letters

Back