Vaccuam pipes-Ed

Baz

Ex. Club Member
Ed-

Just wondering ever since I serviced the st over the weekend its had a small hesitation when the turbos in and the foots planted but when you have your foot say 3/4's the way down on the throttle she's fine.I think I may have upset some of the vacuam pipes connected to the inlet manifold when I had the rocker cover off adjusting the tappets.Now I have replaced alot of the vaccuam pipes as the ends of them were perished but not these as there in fair awkward position.Also sometimes it hunts as if its goin to cut out while idling and the vacuam on the gauge is closer to 0 than usual.this only happens sometimes otherwise idle is perfect

What do you suggest to look at.It feels like a misfire but I just changed the plugs,leads and distributor cap

Sounds like a vacume pipe is disconnected to me (after the throttle body) to cause a drop in inlet manifold pressure.

AMY said:
Just a thought, is the blow off valve remaining shut on idle?

I have no blow off valve on it a the moment but surely ders some sort of recirculating valve on it

Ed said:
Sounds like a vacume pipe is disconnected to me (after the throttle body) to cause a drop in inlet manifold pressure.

Thought that myself. . .
I'll replace the rest of them and see what the story is. . .cheers

Still not driving properly after replacing the vacuam pipes and checking every where for leaks,idles extremely bad and also a strange whistling noise coming from the air filter

Am very interested in this as my micra chooses tp do this i found the recirculating dump valve is sticking to cause mine but maybe theres more to it as its becoming a more regular pain in the ****.

Anyone with more suggestions
Thanks
Paul (www.micratuning.co.uk)

Back