Oh !! Am I happy or What

Charlotte001

Ex. Club Member
How happy do you think I am ? My K10 decided today to throw an engine mount but not just any old mount the one which the autobox connects to the body with!! Rang round no one stocks them so had to call the main stealer and guess what £87inc vat so I'm not happy at all

Charlotte

lol, this car you have seems to be more trouble than its worth.

If I couldn't do the work myself then yes it would, although this is the first necessary expense. It should be good for another 19 years though.

Charlotte

Where ? I can't find one. If you can find where you got it from I would appreciate it, I've found out auto box is different from manual but no doubt where ever you got yours from lists the autobox one.

Charlotte

fingers crossed

Here's where I got mine (copied parts) for the manual box ...i got copied wings from here too

Gearbox Autoparts
61-63 Station Road
Forest Hall,
NE12 8AQ

0191 266 9846

If thay have it but thay can't / wont post...then let me know and I'll do you a favour ;-)

Gearbox mount bush failure

No joy with the company Sammo. Back to the drawing board now looks like I've got to pay £100 for the bush.

Charlotte

I can't even find Powerflex one as I have the automatic version which seems rarer than saffron. I've found a scrapper auto though so hopefully this will fit.

Charlotte

Ok new mount arrived today so not too unhappy only to take it out to the car jack it up yahdee yah you know the thing, removed the old mount to find the new mount has a extra bracket for something with a hole in each side of the extra bracket for a bolt. The new one fits perfectly just with this extra bit of metal any idea what this extra part is for? To describe where the extra part is the area of metal where the bush is fitted on the top there is this bracket, it doesn't hinder the fit nor does it catch when the engine runs odd really guessing it may have been a later style.

Charlotte

Back