I am after a new car

I could do with some help.
I currently have a 1.0 micra that I bought for £150, nothing wrong with it starts first time every time and I thought it would have been a lot more. After owning the car over a year now i would like something bigger such as a micra k11 1.3 yet i can find any under the price of £700 that doesnt need a tonne of work doing to it or isn't 200 miles away. why is it when I'm not looking for a bigger engine micra there cheap but as soon as i start looking there all over £1000??? can anybody help me find a nice 1.3 that is cheap to buy and doesn't need a lot of work doing to it (due to the issue of not having time or money to do it) and can somebody please explain why the value of the k11's has doubled in the past year or so?
Thanks

I was looking yesterday and noticed the prices have actually come down a fair bit in the last couple of years.
back before i did my test i could get a 1.3 micra for £500 but couldnt afford the insurance on one now that i can its difficult to find a cheap one

Why not just swap 1.3 crank,rods and cams in to the 1.0l engine??

So the insurence company never have to no:rolleyes:

And you will still have the 1.0 gear box so t will be a win win ;)

i swapped mine the other week, best thing i ever done fp!i didnt use engine hoist, just got 2mates to give a hand and lifted it out swapped the stuff over and lift new one back in :), lil bit of a faf getting the engine mounts back on, but hey thats cars for ya ;) its alot easier doing it than looking at it :)

Why not just swap 1.3 crank,rods and cams in to the 1.0l engine??

So the insurence company never have to no:rolleyes:

And you will still have the 1.0 gear box so t will be a win win ;)

Nissan line bore the crank Lee so each bottom cradle is unique to each crank so swoppings not really an option....

Saying that i think Frank honed a different crank into a block.....

Nissan line bore the crank Lee so each bottom cradle is unique to each crank so swoppings not really an option....

the girdle and block are linebored, and the shells are graded to the journals, but i,ve swapped many a crank eh :)

I always thort it was a strate swap, from ppl talking on here..

Not as easy as i thort then??

Good job I kept a crank spare, my machinest went on about the crank binding?! Ta Frank :)
its a bit pot-luck really mate, on this current engine i shaved a few thou off the big-end and mains joints, which made them bind slightly, then i used a fine compound to hone the journals to a 1 thou" clearance (used cement powder and thin oil lol :) i,ve run out of G3 compound)

Back