Alternative springs for the fronts? And hello...

Robb

Site Supporter
Quick Q folks, so Matiz rears are good for the back end of a k11, but what about the fronts?

Am racking ones brain and trawling the msc (which is really slow atm) as i cant remember if anyone found good springs that fit the front of the micra?

All help appreciated as i am back on the scene with a k11 1.4 se+ and need to sort the arch gap out pronto but with a bit more comfort than last time. :grinning:

Cheers

Robb

Awesome, allow me to edit my original question :blush: matiz rears for the front of a k11 = awesome, so is there anything one can do for the rear of a k11 (aside from cutting originals)

Civic springs FTW :p

is that civic springs for the rear too, or just front??

btw this is mine, Matiz rear springs on front, cut Micra springs on rear, for roughly -50mm front, -45mm rear
5479825830_37972e4469.jpg

can i ask - whats wrong with the gmax that already available for the micra, or the whiteline kits?

Is this just a cheapo method to getting your car lowered? i cannot think for the world why you would want to chop or use springs that where created for a car that is so much different (i.e weight, weight balancing etc) - i recommend using original or parts designed to replace originals, not ones designed for a car completely different.

I stand to be correct and change mind, just depends what you guys have to say on the matter - how you come your all using different springs? what are the pro's and con's for these different springs you've taken from other cars.

Also - have any of you lot changed the shocks too or are you putting these springs etc onto stock shocks.

please enlighten me - im interested.

can i ask - whats wrong with the gmax that already available for the micra, or the whiteline kits?

Is this just a cheapo method to getting your car lowered? i cannot think for the world why you would want to chop or use springs that where created for a car that is so much different (i.e weight, weight balancing etc) - i recommend using original or parts designed to replace originals, not ones designed for a car completely different.

I stand to be correct and change mind, just depends what you guys have to say on the matter - how you come your all using different springs? what are the pro's and con's for these different springs you've taken from other cars.

Also - have any of you lot changed the shocks too or are you putting these springs etc onto stock shocks.

please enlighten me - im interested.
I would suggest reading through Frank's blog for lots and lots of info on suspension setups. And as you reading it please take mine and many others word that it handled extremely well!

I would suggest reading through Frank's blog for lots and lots of info on suspension setups. And as you reading it please take mine and many others word that it handled extremely well!

Indeed, Franks blue car was amazing around corners... :grinning:

my blog has been deleted i,m afraid, but here,s my red car on matiz front legs and springs, and matiz rear springs, quite a firm ride, compared to stock (i would prefer it a little softer tbh)

Attachments

• SDC11802.JPG
    SDC11802.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 538
Do you have a link to Franks blog? It's on my "10 things to read before you die" list but can't find it?

Back