Almera Injectors.....

Right lads....
I've aquired the feul rail, including injectors, from a 1.4 Almera.

So, question is, will the fit??
And would they make any noticable gains in a bog standard Micra??

(BTW, I've a '01 Micra)

Ive just got myself a 1.6 fuel rail and it isnt a direct fit, i dont know if yours is the same but i have to remove each injectore and replace my micra ones.

Ive heard theres noticable gain with 1.6, not to sure about the 1.4 ones though

The 1.0 and the 1.3 micra use the same injectors. also, i was under the impression that the mera injectors fit into the micra rail? have you tried this? but as low rider says, there will be no gains enless other mods mean that you are under fueling at the moment. more fuel does not mean more power without more air to burn it eh...

The 1.4 and 1.6 almera/primera injectors are the same I believe just like the micra 1.0 and 1.3. The fuel rail is too long for the micra engine but the injectors are plug and play, there's no real need for the fuel rail.

In theory that would help but I doubt you would notice a difference. I believe they work well with a good set of cams though. Oh and a decen exhaust system should help mate

Well, it's a 1.0 Micra I'm putting them into....
So it should be an improvment lol

Why do you think there would be an improvment?

Your putting bigger injectors in therefore more fuel, but no extra air? This equals less power mate. You'd be better off leaving the standard ones in and remap the ecu to the mads you already have

It wouldn't have made any more power anyway, not even in theory.

if its the cga engine then your injectors are top feed instead of side feed, there are plenty of upgrades (larger) available, but as i and many have said its not worth it till you do other mods (not just an air filter) and get a re-map.
Sorry about the bad news, and imo fair play for giving it a go eh...

No.

This has been covered a million times. You CANNOT just bolt on EFI components and hope it will work. It won't. IT will ALWAYS need to be re-mapped to compensate for changes, only then will the chance of releasing extra power begin to happen.

No.

This has been covered a million times. You CANNOT just bolt on EFI components and hope it will work. It won't. IT will ALWAYS need to be re-mapped to compensate for changes, only then will the chance of releasing extra power begin to happen.

cheers

Back