almera engine in a micra

few tools spare wheel etc not much major like a sub. service it is then and I think Il give it a bash myself

Alfonze,

have you had any more diagnosis for your problem??

I have the exact same issue, a very loud rattle from about 800rpm - 1700rpm, which then goes away completely above 2000 rpm.

I am sure it is coming from the chain area, although it rattles badly at any time (cold or warm)

However it has been known to come and go - and it started all of a sudden, was fine one day - then rattling badly the next!!

Is it possible to just buy and hcange the tensioners etc - or does it have to be a complete chain kit??

How do i inspect the chain to properly diagnose?

Cheers guys,

Luke

hi luke

you only need to remove the cam cover to check the chain, which should be tight after being run (then will go slack if you rock the car back and forward in gear
my super s had a lot more wear in the top chain (at 100000mls), and the tensioners were still servicable

No not yet, was planning to service my car, well try to see if that makes any difference, it hasnt been serviced since last september. You never know. Chain kits Ive seen on ebay are like £130!

The micras chains always rattle and it does take some getting used to, but only ever seen one flubbered micra chain, due to not being serviced....ever over about 6 years. The lady admitted as if not seeing this as a problem.
Engine still ran though, just the oil was quite literaly like TAR!

Well it turns out that it wasn't the cam chain. apparently it was the heat sheild which I was told was taken off ages ago. guess it wasn't. Well I shall try it when my mum brings it home and hopefully no more annoying rattle :D yay!

Back