Juddery through out revs whether flat out or commuting !!!

Ok the old girl when i bought her 4 months ago hadnt had a service in 24months ( only covered 4k though) !!! Put the juddery nature down to air filter and spark plugs . Did a service on the weekend Oil , Filter , Airfilter , Plugs , Antifreeze replacement .

No difference at all , The car in rock steady on idile is 800rpm nice a smooth , but when moving through the gears all way through rev range it seems to judder and hold back noticebly not smooth . If you floor her then change up then it doesnt clear and bogs on gear change like it looses power or just accentuates this !!

Any ideas ? Ht look fine no carbon deposits on old plugs or Ht sleeves , exhaust is sound and manifold .

My mothers Vibe runs such much smoother and is a much better drive :down: Regards Sefik

Shaun

***StaGGeRed***
could be the old throttle body solder problem have a search around for it. it has been covered many times.

Good luck! :D

having looked through the link sounds like a plan (Y) I did the same sort of re soildering on my D16a powered rover twin cam and it didnt improve the hot start, idile, etc but replace the troublesome IGNITOR unit and it was spot on there after !!! Could i buy a replacement if it doesnt work and is it a motor factor part ? All help greatly appreciated and thanks again (Y)

you mean buy a new throttle body ? they're quite pricey mate. if you resolder the 6 points and its still doing it then dont junk the tb as this is obviously not the problem. i have a similar problem and another member on here too. he said tb resolder cured his. i'm just trying to find the time. mines not as bad as yours but it holds back a second or 2 every gear. also the other member and myself had no idle/starting issues either. let us know if it helps buddy. (Y)

guess looking at the link you resolder with the tb in situ in the car ? am i literally heating up the existing solder or placing 6 new blobs of solder on the existing solder , plan to do this weekend i hope (Y)

either mate, i put extra solder on, just dont hold the iron on too long. i used like a slow draw back method. tbh i think its just the heat that sorts the dry joints out. i did mine today, so much better. (Y)

Did my dry joints a few months back,and all is well.Runs sweet!!
I used standard plumbers silicone to reseal(still holding)just comes down to cleaning old off properly.
Hope it works for you !