Almera Air Box

Last year I purchased a 1998 Almera airbox for my 2002 1.4i and have at last decided to fit it, I want to replace the dirty pvc carbon filter but I need a chassis number to get a replacement one which I don't have can anyone help with a donor number if not I have been told I could clean the dirty one with brake cleaner is this true? Any help would be much appreciated!B-)
Cheers Andy

1453132434348.jpg
1453132523959.jpg
The little white Pvc filter!
1453132434348.jpg

Last edited:
I blanked off the hole for the vent filter on the Almera airbox and put a separate filter coming off the cam cover. Here's a PIC.

Hi mate many thanks for the info and pic, have you a pic of the route of your intake pipe from the air box to the end of the inlet pipe?

Cheers
Andy :D

It was a T reg Almera GT that it came off. No idea of the CC, I never checked. I might have the air filter pt no in my glovebox. I'll check when I take a PIC of the intake pipe.

I removed the mesh also and smoothed out where it used to fit with white rtv sealant, if you're wondering why mine looks different. I lowered my carbon canister a couple of inches too, so the intake pipe didn't foul and the air filter box sat correctly.

Here's some photos. I wrapped the pipe in self amalgamating tape to keep the two pieces together. That pipe bracket was from the original air filter bracketry iirc, I just hammered it to shape.

Hi mate thank you for all the information and pics, how much did you have to lower the carbon cannister and was the bracket made from aircraft alloy?
Cheers B-)
Andy

Yes it was a piece from the scrap bin. I just lowered the carbon can enough so nothing fouled. You can only lower it a small amount as it will foul on the water pipe below it.

Yep turbo props I mostly work on landing gears/wheels/brakes and props! What year is T regarding and the pipercross filter people want to know engine size lol! B-)
Andy

T reg is 99. If you type in the air filter number in the pic i sent you, into eBay it says its for a 1.6 Almera but it fits lots of different cars.

Thanks mate for all you help I have ordered a Pipercross performance filter for the airbox should sound good and be a bit more responsive then my standard box which also has a Pipercross in it! Thanks again for taking the time to help! B-)
Cheers
Andy

Have been researching different types of Almera Air box's, the majority of people talk about the N16 but there is a mk1 and a mk2 (looks like it wouldn't fit a Micra) which one is suitable? I have a air box from 1998 1.8 Almera gti and it looks more like a N15 the filter element is approx a 3rd bigger then a Micra box! Here is a pic! B-)

Attachments

• 1453644236953.jpg
    1453644236953.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 472
In the pic the top air box is the standard Micra and the bottom is a Almera one which was identified with the help of agent_Smith as a 1998 Almera 1.5/1.6/1.8 which from pics on the Internet looks like a N15 box not a N16 which most on the forum are after? All I want to know is what is the difference between a N16 mk1/mk2 box to a N15 box??? :-S
Cheers
Andy B-)

Pics of the N16 air box on the net look totally different to the K11 air box but the N15 looks like an enlarged K11 box?? :-S
Cheers Andy B-)

Just been informed that the N16 air box fits by the battery and is connected to a horizontal throttle body more like in a Sr engine setup! B-)

Back