Alloys

well technically they will fit, the offset and pcd are right, but they are gonna rub like a pair of fibre glass pants I would say and make the car look like a monster truck.

Rubbing

Would they rub the actual arches or that plastic cover on the inside? I though about cutting away some of the arches anyway and getting some Nissan 4x4 plastic arches to screw on. But a big foot is what I'm going for at the moment. 17" is what I prefer to have but if I can get 18"'s, 18"'s it is.:devil:

I dont think anyone has tried fitting 18" rims on a K11 here so its untrodden ground as far as I know, you could be that pioneer.

Hmmm,

Well I'd never though of that, but pulling away at the moment seems pretty fast when I'm not wheel spinning, but the spinning was because I had boldish tyres, lol. But still it should be alright, shouldn't it?

18"???? when everyone else is fitting 15"s on and decking it, you want 18"???

but you would be able to walk under the car....

Smallers better! I think 14" is perfect, i'd even go for 13" but they seem very hard to find! (Not that i've tried... couldn't afford them anyway)
It'll look like a monster truck i mean micra with 18" wheels!

I have seen a micra on another car mod forum with 18's on Im not sure if i can post a link to it though with the forum rules but the site is cardomain. Theres no pictures of the wheels on there so you cant see what it looks like though but it just shows it is possible.

someone tell this person to give their head a wobble. I dont mean to sound rude or anything but really, its a small car its not supposed to have big wheels, it has small arches aswell, its going to look like a tonka toy crossed with a rollerskate and have the handling capabilities of a boat and you will be getting beaten off the lights by articulated lorries. go for 15s maybe 16s and lower it 35 40 mm if you want it to look good and be practical

oh and those wheels arent even that nice lol

ignore everyone and do what you want, 18's on a k11 would be different to the rest on here tbh, just make sure the car is lowered down aswell

remove you're inner arch liners, put a few cuts in the arch lip and knock them back with a hammer and block of wood to get them flat, and they will go on no probs with a 35mm drop.

might catch at the front on full lock, but who needs 3 point turns eh!?

Right thank you all for your input, I'll have to wait till payday now anywho, but the thought of 18" would look phat. But I don't want to lower my car really I'm really aiming to stiffen them and keep the ride height the same. Cheers for all the input I post soon with what I do.:alien:

18s would be interesting. I'd sure like to see it. Currently I'm running 17s and they're a tad big in fairness although the handling is quite good now. Got a rubbing problem but I can't decide where exactly the rubbing is. There's some scuffs on the arch part of the rear bumper but I don't know if this is it or not.

dont buy vauxhall fitment cos the offset will more than likely be too high, between 40 and 49, you need to be around the 33 to 38 mark, preferably 35.

but yeah ford wont fit as they'll be 4x108 not 4x100.

look for vw fitment wheels too cos the smaller hatchbacks use 4x100 with 35mm offsets.

i put fiat steelys on the back of my misses k11 (2 inch wider track, but same width).
her backend looks huge now!!

frank

Back