Alloys wont fit

Hey,

i have 15inch ripspeed universial fit alloys,

for some reason the look like they fit, but as soon as i went to drive it wheels wobbling every where.

any one know what i need to fit the properly, or a reason they dont fit?

xXx

Got any pictures of the fitment, and do you know the PCD, offset and center bore size of the alloys you fitted?

If the PCD was wrong, they wouldn't be on the car :p

Its likely something else isn't right.

When you say wobbly, is there a shaking through the steering wheel?

Could be a matter of wheel balancing if so, not really sure what's up here though!

if the centre bore is larger than the hub centre they will shake through the steering wheel like they were not balanced.
to me this sounds like your problem.

find out the difference in size and get a bmw plastic ring for each wheel that is the right thickness, this can then be cut so that the circle is the right size for the hub.

i had to get 1mm spacers for my opel manta wheels as the centre bore on them was concaved so they wobled when i drove away once. the spacer wuld bring it out level so it sits straite.

find out the difference in size and get a bmw plastic ring for each wheel that is the right thickness, this can then be cut so that the circle is the right size for the hub.

you are talking about spigot rings here, they are available from Halfords or Motorworld for about £10 a set in any size you need.

if the centre bore is larger than the hub centre they will shake through the steering wheel like they were not balanced.
to me this sounds like your problem.

the lack of spigot rings would not neccesarily cause any vibration at all, their purpose is to help centre the wheel and not as a load bearing surface, I run my TSW's without them, all I do to centre the wheel is to wobble it as I put the nuts on before tightening them up, I agree the vibration that Tasha is getting is most likely to be either improper balancing or they are incorrectly centred, although if they are used rims from ebay or somewhere else it could be that one or more is buckled or that one tyre or more isn't seated properly on the rim.

Back