fitting alloys

ok this is quite noobish but when you fit alloys do you need to get a spacer hub or something like that? Wont most 13-14" alloys fit your standard hub? reason im asking is because i fitted alloys on my cousins old ford fiesta and they went straight on but now im after some of my own ive been asking around and hearing things like 4x120 and im wondering if that will fit a standard k11 hub? (i thought the hub was 4x100 but im not sure) any ways guys dont laugh and help me out here lol

center bore needs to be 59.1mm or larger. Stud length needs to be considered, there should really be 150% of stud diameter within the fixing, so on 12mm studs around 18mm of stud available for the wheel nut. Not just a few threads! :eek:

4x100 hub.
et38 or there abouts for easy fitment.
anything upto 15's fit comfortably.
center bore needs to be 59.1mm or larger. Stud length needs to be considered, there should really be 150% of stud diameter within the fixing, so on 12mm studs around 18mm of stud available for the wheel nut. Not just a few threads! :eek:
X2

i was thinking of just going for 13's themselves or 14's. would i need to consider getting a hub spacer or something like that if i was to go for 14's? (obviously i wont if i go for 13s then)

the size of the rim be it 15" 14" 13" has nothing to do with spacers.
that would be the width of the rim or ET (offset)
I think someone has a wheel bible page they could link for you. so you can read it through and get a good idea.

If you are using oem or aftermarket wheels that have a centre bore smaller that 59.1 you can use spacers to move the wheel out, or with very high offset wheels you could space them out to fill the arches better. You will need stud extensions (not very good) or longer studs (much better). IMHO 13"/14" look best on micras but 15"s can work too

nah i deff want 13's or 14's. so if i was to get something like 4x120 i would need to get longer studs? where can i get those and how much?

Re:

Before you do anything, check to see that you the right sort of bolts - Bolts and studs have various diameters, threads and seatings, your wheel supplier should be able to advise on this. Also check to see that you the 4 plastic spigot rings which help the interface between the wheel and the hub.

Back