Alloy race

CMF_solarice

» CMF Member
Yup, i organised a group buy from alloy race components for a few members in the UK (couple of years ago now). I can only comment from when i delt with them, but they were very helpful and were always happy to answer any questions (and i asked alot lol). Iirc they are made to order so theres a little delay but nothing id consider an issue.

Ive got one fitted in my micra and it works a treat the car responds quicker, idle is fine. Think they weigh about 3.2kg's (been awhile since i queried / weighed it :) )

CMF_solarice

» CMF Member
I would'nt like to say what i payed for them, as it was awhile ago and the exchange rate etc has changed since then...so chances are the quote / final to door cost i recieved wont stand up. :)

I'll just say it worked out cheaper to buy a few of them and have them posted over to the UK than say a few Jun ones would have.

My groupbuy was for four flywheels.

But i guess you might be able to sort out a decent price with you's being in the same country, especially if you can pick them up. :)

--- Additional Info ---

Ive have a nose around my old posts / emails and i can give you a bit of info from when i talked to them...take this as hearsay, so please double check this info when you contact them :D

They come with a 190mm friction plate contact surface - allowing the option of a larger 190mm clutch.

Everything is servicable. (which i like)

You can use the original ring gear from your flywheel (send it to them for fitting -- it reduces cost and was their usual method of sale) or they'll fit ones on for you.

Here are a few pics of the ones i recieved :

DSC02465.jpg

DSC02461.jpg

DSC02466.jpg

Flywheel looks uneven on the back side as its covered in oil for transport. :)

Hope that helps.

CMF_Mimz

» CMF Member
Can you tell me the weight of the flywheel. What is your experience with this wheel compared to a standard one and any other one if possible. Any difference in idling, reliability etc? Is it just bolt in and ready to go or any other thing needed to get this going?

CMF_sikK11

» CMF Member
solarice WROTE:

"Yup, i organised a group buy from alloy race components for a few members in the UK (couple of years ago now). I can only comment from when i delt with them, but they were very helpful and were always happy to answer any questions (and i asked alot lol). Iirc they are made to order so theres a little delay but nothing id consider an issue.

Ive got one fitted in my micra and it works a treat the car responds quicker, idle is fine. Think they weigh about 3.2kg's (been awhile since i queried / weighed it :) )

He stated the weight in there. People on this forum really need to read stuff. I have noticed that alot of people obviously just skim through pages and pages or posts and not actually read.

CMF_Mimz

» CMF Member
frank2 WROTE:

"baaa humbug lol :)<BR>its one of the best mods you can do mimz !<BR>tho machining your own f/w down has the same effect and is faaaar cheaper :)

Lol thanks frank2 but i just got this thing in my head about drill flywheel remind me of drill disc brake which i saw one crack on a car once not a very good impression. Immagine one crack in your gearbox and you couldnt see doing 8000rpm!!! Also the cost of labour/time of installing one i would just prefer to get it over and done with once.
Also could someone comfirm if this flywheel is a once piece billet.

Back