Alloy Race Lightweight Flywheels (K11)

yeah im fine with the 50/50...delivery from order, probably about 2-3 weeks...mainly to reduce postage costs slightly.

ok mate, i'll do the 50/50 thing, it will be a big help :)

can we get this post turned into a sticky or something?

PM me with your address and how much you want and i'll try to get a cheque out to you on monday or tuesday :)

Thanks mate :)

Ok guys just a quick update...all money has arrived :) will be transferring money tomorrow...been in contact with them, and theyve put the job on the list and ordered the materials...looks like were getting them custom made to order.

Will let you's know when they are ready for shipping. :)

Kris.

Just another quick update...they recieved the money without any problems and shipping is expected shortly...will give more details on shipping/delivery as i get them :)

solarice said:
Just another quick update...they recieved the money without any problems and shipping is expected shortly...will give more details on shipping/delivery as i get them :)

Thanks for keeping us up to date solarice :)

can't wait :)

whenever you like really...but if you like once they arrive. Then i'll know exact amount required, will save sorting out the little discrepancies later on :)

another quicky update...im expecting these to be sent out this week, so im thinking probs around the end of april for delivery (fingers crossed)...as usual will update as i know more :)

solarice said:
another quicky update...im expecting these to be sent out this week, so im thinking probs around the end of april for delivery (fingers crossed)...as usual will update as i know more :)

sounds good mate,

you let me know as soon as you need the rest of the money :)

Been meaning to update you's on this...there was a slight delay with shipping, however they are on route now though...so they should be with us shortly. :)

Kris.

Excellent, any chance you could post the tracking numbe rup so we can see how they're getting on?
Craig

Welly, Craig and Nex

well i enquired about the tracking number, but its not needed any more :)

look what arrived today, personally i think they look sweet :D

oh...included was another item i wasnt expecting, see last pic ;) there are 2 red (L & XL) and 1 white (XL) ...i was gonna make them a suprise delivery, but figured someone may have a preference because of the limited number its gonna be on a first come first served basis...so let me know what you'd like and i'll get them sent out :)

Thanks for your patience.

Kris.

Attachments

• DSC02460.jpg
    DSC02460.jpg
    296 KB · Views: 173
  • DSC02461.jpg
    DSC02461.jpg
    233 KB · Views: 195
  • DSC02465.jpg
    DSC02465.jpg
    353.9 KB · Views: 180
  • DSC02466.jpg
    DSC02466.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 204
  • DSC02471.jpg
    DSC02471.jpg
    298.5 KB · Views: 216
wooo :) that's soo cool :)

PM me and i'll send you the cheque for £150,

oh and can i get a red shirt to match my car :D

Thanks mate,

Yeah, sorry bout delay mate, waiting for my brother to put £100 in the bank but he is being a little girl and saying he is too ill to di it (has a throat infection)
Should have money by tomorrwo though :)

no worries craig, just whenever you get the time :)

i could partially fit it now...but the engine isnt in the car, so wouldnt have the desired effect.

once the front ends welded up then i'll be getting there, but the others will have probably been fitted and run by then.

so i short not me..lol

solarice said:
no worries craig, just whenever you get the time :)

i could partially fit it now...but the engine isnt in the car, so wouldnt have the desired effect.

once the front ends welded up then i'll be getting there, but the others will have probably been fitted and run by then.

so i short not me..lol
dont know Nex will not have his in for some time with all the work on his car happerning!!!

mine is here!!!

just got a call from my Bro saying it's just arrived :D you da man solarice :)

I take it these have now become expensive paperweights? Not heard a squeek from anybody about fitting them, performance etc?

Dish the dirt! ;)

At the mo, solarice is on the verge of putting it together. Hopefully will make a good difference, video/sound will be uploaded once completed :)

Another business in australia also makes these things to suit the micra. I know because i got them custom designed haha. They weigh 5.6kg (i wasnt too keen on the lighter version) and suit the standard 1.3L clutch. Only thing with these ones is they require a ring gear. I can supply details if anyone else is interested but missed out on these puppies.

Also from my sources the datrats "190mm clutch" is simply a tweaked LUK heavy duty pressure plate for a CG13 and a 190mm ga16de pulsar clutch disc made by Excedy. Excedy dont make a heavy duty pressure plate for cg13, but they do have heavy duty clutch disc for australian delivered ga16de pulsars (almera).

Datrats is also no longer trading for the record.

as runaway says, im not to far away just need to fit the engine and buy a clutch lol :D which isnt a big deal...will post somthing so you can see / hear the difference these make.

from my searching, yom your sources seem to be correct...though i think you should be able to use a 1.4 almera pressure plate and 1.6 almera friction disc to give the 190mm uprated required...just havent gotten the chance to test fit them...

from my searching, yom your sources seem to be correct...though i think you should be able to use a 1.4 almera pressure plate and 1.6 almera friction disc to give the 190mm uprated required...just havent gotten the chance to test fit them...

Yep you guys should have access to a crapload more pressure plates than we do.

You can actually fit a GA16DE pressure plate onto the standard CG13 flywheel (and therefore any of these aftermarket flywheels) BUT the locator dowels are incorrectly spaced (this isnt such a hard problem to fix). Whether or not the larger pressure plate and its housing will fit inside the bellhousing and clear the gearbox I do not know. Personally I'm over fiddling and trying to make other things fit the micra so I'll just be going with what I know and that is a complete LUK heavy duty clutch kit. Turbo in the future would be nice but unfortunately I've come to the conclusion its a complete waste of money. I'm sure 180mm friction disc will do just fine.

Yep you guys should have access to a crapload more pressure plates than we do.

You can actually fit a GA16DE pressure plate onto the standard CG13 flywheel (and therefore any of these aftermarket flywheels) BUT the locator dowels are incorrectly spaced (this isnt such a hard problem to fix). Whether or not the larger pressure plate and its housing will fit inside the bellhousing and clear the gearbox I do not know. Personally I'm over fiddling and trying to make other things fit the micra so I'll just be going with what I know and that is a complete LUK heavy duty clutch kit. Turbo in the future would be nice but unfortunately I've come to the conclusion its a complete waste of money. I'm sure 180mm friction disc will do just fine.

any links for the LUK kit?

i'll admit, i was initially going for a 190mm clutch setup...after checking details about the almera 1.4 / helix clutch setup from another thread and talking to matt humphries about it...im now leaning more into that direction. Just gotta make up my damn mind lol.

Yom i assumed you already had a turbo ?...must be mistaking you for someone else. :)

Yom i assumed you already had a turbo ?...must be mistaking you for someone else. :)

I wish i was turbo haha :p I might buy aaron's (evades) turbo kit yet. I'll see I guess. I have a sudden urge to try something new. Got my eyes wandering on Volvos recently. 850R's in particular.

any links for the LUK kit?

Nope you're just going to have to find a LUK supplier and order one. the LUK HD kit has approximately 15% greater clamping force than the standard replacement LUK (which is exactly the same as the original OEM nissan fitted clutch, which by chance is also a LUK!).

Depending on what you want deep down, I would say get the 'R', it is a much better car than the micra, and although not as chuckable, a hoot to drive, but you can actually drive it sensibly, which is very very nice indeed.
Comfy too :)

I wish i was turbo haha :p I might buy aaron's (evades) turbo kit yet. I'll see I guess. I have a sudden urge to try something new. Got my eyes wandering on Volvos recently. 850R's in particular.

Nope you're just going to have to find a LUK supplier and order one. the LUK HD kit has approximately 15% greater clamping force than the standard replacement LUK (which is exactly the same as the original OEM nissan fitted clutch, which by chance is also a LUK!).

Back