Alloy Enquirery

TJW

Ex. Club Member
Will 15" alloys fit on a lowered k10 without rubbing, or will modifications need to be done to the arches??

I think you will find it depends how much you get it lowered! :) , the offset of the Alloy and tyre size.

A 175/45/15 tyre is a very similar size to a stock tyre

TJW said:
Will 15" alloys fit on a lowered k10 without rubbing, or will modifications need to be done to the arches??

They will more than likely rub. I've got 14's on 185/55 and they rub quite badly, however you can fit bump stops to the suspension to stop it from happening often

use 195/45/15 tyres and roller the inner arch lip,

fit some good rear shocks and they wont rub, not even with 5 people in the car.

the standard bump stops are fine and dont need changing

it will rub a lot 2 lower it u will need the wheel arches rolled out then u can lower it u will be ok at 35mil what alloys have u got cos mine r wolfrace 195/45/15

you can make the K10 not rub at the back with 15's and it is really easy, you just need the right bits.

mine used 195/45/15's with spax lowering springs and it was really low. just roll the inner arch lips. you can do this with the Super S kit too, you just have to cut some of the plastic off which attaches to the arch and bond the kit onto the arch, make sure you underseal the inside though.

then you need some decent rear dampers, mine were Monroe Uprated Gas which can be bought from Halfords and many other places and are not hard to get hold of.

dont use aftermarket bump stops which limit the travel of the suspension, use uprated dampers, your k10 will handle much better with better dampers.

My old K10 super s could have 5 people and it would never rub even round hard bends or big bumps.

do it right and you'll have a rubbing free K10!

a few pictures of my old K10

31544be2e5bc3518.jpg

31544be2e392bf36.jpg

I banged up the lip on both back arches but it still rubs a bit but not as bad as it did. I put KYB gas shocks along with lowering springs and my micra is now sitting nicely on 190/50/15 Excite alloys.

Back