Alloy wheel advice

A

andrewb150

Ive had a search around some previouse posts and understand that for Alloys to fit my k10 without modifications they need to have:

PDC 4x100 (4 studs 100mm apart?)
Offset ET 35 - 45 (bah? something about how far the wheels will stick out)
Bore 59.1 (The centre whole size)

With 195/45 tyres, which I understand means:

Width/Profile/Rim-Diameter/SpeedRating

But What Measurments are the figures in? mm/cm/inc

Also someones advertising these alloys and tyres in the paper, i think that they are way too big for my car. Do you think they will fit??:

The Tyres are 205/55R X 15 87V
P.C.D.- 4x100
Offset - ET 30 (so will it be too close to the inside of my car?)
7J X 15 H2 (havn't got a clue what this means!!)

Thanks,

Ok they'l definitly rub on your arches! I dont know of any k10 which has a profile higher tha 195/15 and even these need arch work otherwise they'l rub.

Im not sure what happens if the offset is too high or low.

I think the J figures refers to the size of the wheel. 6J i think is 14" so 7J must be 15 :)

Cheers, yeah I thought they would be way to big.

Ill have to keep a look out for someone selling some cheap ones with tyres on here.

the smaller the offset, the further OUT the wheel sits.
So, et20 would stick out the side of the car a little,

but thats good look in my opinion..

Isnt that illegal now? I thought that wheels / tyres must sit under the bodywork. If your arches were extended then this would be ok

Again, correct me if im wrong :)

from what i understand it is only legal if the wheel rim sits out further then the tyre i.e. the lip.

Its quite a grey area.. Any back street MOT tester wouldn't bat an eyelid, Whereas a Nissan dealership would make out like you were a raving loonatic moments from certain death......

Its called the Euro or German look. Germans love the look with the VWs and Audis etc..

Its called the Euro or German look. Germans love the look with the VWs and Audis etc..

and i love the idea of it on a k10 :D

it would increase the track of the car but wouldnt stop body roll, thats all in the suspention

the j in size is the size of the wheel in inches wide i.e 315/45/r20 10j will mean a really big wheel and it would be 10 inches wide :D like on vipers etc etc etc

Alloys off a corsa or a nova fit perfectly on the micra. I've got a set on mine that came off a corsa with 175/70/13 tyres on them.

Oh and mitsubishe alloys will fit too as my spare wheel was put on a mitsubishe mirage when a friend got into trouble.

TJW said:
Alloys off a corsa or a nova fit perfectly on the micra. I've got a set on mine that came off a corsa with 175/70/13 tyres on them.

Do they?! i thought no vauxhall wheels fit any micra

SammoHung said:
What would be the weight (mass) saving (if any) of switching from steelies to alloys?

Generally an alloy wheel with the same profile tyre as a steel wheel will be heavier. Most alloys sold are purely cosmetic, there is an excess of material on them, and they are not made from the best alloys. You can get lightweight wheels, but they cost more.
Even then, alloys generally are wider and have lower profile tyres on. This will increase weight. But you do get improved handling from the better tyres and stiffer wheels.

cheers andrew!..I am slowly being drawn in to this MODDDING lark...My ever so standard 1992 988cc super is starting to tic me off with rolling & unsersteer etc and so Im considering modding the suspension sompoments starting off with the wheels. I dont care about bling (yet..???) and this is why I was asking about the steelies.

I think I want wider tires and a lower profile than my standard 155/70 R13's But in order to try to maintain the overall rolling diameter I will need a bigger wheel. (s)

Has anyone fitted wider upsized steelies ?

andrewb150 said:
Ive had a search around some previouse posts and understand that for Alloys to fit my k10 without modifications they need to have:

PDC 4x100 (4 studs 100mm apart?)
Offset ET 35 - 45 (bah? something about how far the wheels will stick out)
Bore 59.1 (The centre whole size)

With 195/45 tyres, which I understand means:

Width/Profile/Rim-Diameter/SpeedRating

But What Measurments are the figures in? mm/cm/inc

Also someones advertising these alloys and tyres in the paper, i think that they are way too big for my car. Do you think they will fit??:

The Tyres are 205/55R X 15 87V
P.C.D.- 4x100
Offset - ET 30 (so will it be too close to the inside of my car?)
7J X 15 H2 (havn't got a clue what this means!!)

Thanks,

Mx 5 4 stud wheels would fit but you need arch work done or u could streach smaller tyres over the rim

im lookin at a set of wheels that are 7 inch's by 14 the guy at the company said a 25 offset would be best what do peeps think

Arnold said:
Do they?! i thought no vauxhall wheels fit any micra
nope they do fit mate ;) only 4 stud of course lol even caviler wheels would fit but you'd proably need a spacer on the back ;)

Back