airbags

R

RIK

can sum1 with a none side curtain airbag k12 do me a favor and have a look under their seats....

i need to know if the wiring for the airbags is there,,ther should be two conector blocks under each seat,one for heated seats and the other for airbags(very easy to see!!),
ive just bought two bucket seats and one is ready to fit but i dont know that if i take the airbag seats out that the other airbags are going to work,

im guessing all the k12 have the same wires but the airbags could run off a different loom?? i dunno

heres a poor pc of the conectors,the white one is for he heated seats,and you can just make out the brown one,and thats for the airbags

does everyone have these?

Attachments

• Photo-0016.jpg
    Photo-0016.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 324
the brown one conects to the airbag,that pic was after i removed the seat,

the white one is loose because i dont have heated seats

all i want to know is,if i take the airbag seats out will the other airbags work?

so taking out the seats wil stop the dash and wheel bags from working? grr

what models dont have seat airbags?

just been on nissan site,andd the micra E dont have them,,so if i go to the dealers and havee a quik look under the seat i wil know :D i cant see them having totally different lom just for the micra E

plus,,becuase they arre an option,thy can just plug them straight in

find the lowest spec k12 you can and get the dummy airbag module should be a yellow block with a brown connector on it where the brown connector under the seat plugs into, then plug that in and then your seat airbags wont work but you wont have any lights on the dash,

every other airbag should work, dont take my word for it as i havent tested it.

and if i do this,,do i have to take to the dealer to reset the ecu for the light to go off?

cos its flashig atm,

cheers i kew ther would be an easy way

i think the only way to turn the light off is to get the fault erased when the dummy modules are attached

here you go rik ive got the pictures for you

this one is a overall picture of it ignore the bit where its been cut off

this is roughly where its located under the seats

this is the way i would do it tbh, because if you put the seats back in you can use the orginal connectors again

i cant realy as the scrappies around me dont have k12s in, but i could find out how much new ones from nissan are if you want or find someone thats breaking a k12 E spec on ebay spares or repair maybe?

yeah try and find out how much from new they are,,and ill just check my scrap yards this week

Back