drivers side bucket seat.

Dr Zoidberg

Ex. Club Member
i'm thinking about fitting a bucket seat + harness drivers side and leave the rest of the interior alone, so passengers can still climb in the back.

i've had a quick search and read up on whats needed but have a few questions.

1. the air bag lights will come on when i take out the seat as theres and airbag in the seat, how is this solved?
2. the seat belt warning light and sound will come on when i use the harness and what to do.
3. will the remaining airbags still work?

guess most of this is aimed at rik lol, but any help would be good.

:)

Kirton

Renault Sport
I would say if you are keeping ur standard seat belt in for when you want to sell, then I would use a buckle from another seat belt, and just leave it plugged in. that would solve the warning light and noise. I think Rik will have to advise you on the other two points.

OP
OP
Dr Zoidberg

Dr Zoidberg

Ex. Club Member
yeah i was thinking that, was maybe gonna use the orginal sub frame.

i want to keep the normal belt (like in my k11) as harnesses are not always easy to drive in.

Bmx_Bandit

Ex. Club Member
I would say the same. Keeping the standard belt in place would save trouble.
Can you not turn the seat airbags off, like you can with the passenger bag?

(Currently enjoying my new (160SR) :)

R

RIK

i thought this was a problem but it isnt at all :D

if you look under the seat the wire coming from the belt clip goes under the carpet.and you will see a connector block..just undo it and probem solved..no lights or sound

the airbags will still work i am told,but i still have the light flashing on the dash,i have had a service with this on and they didnt even say owt and ticked the dash warning light box o.k

this is a good idea..you could also fit a recliner to the passenger side like i have done,it looks better imo

oh..i can get pics if you still dont understand.and you will get used to the light flasshing like me lol

you can ask the nissan dealer to get it on the computer and take it off if you like.or have a look in the cluster and find the bulb

OP
OP
Dr Zoidberg

Dr Zoidberg

Ex. Club Member
cheers rik, sounding more like a plan now :)

did you make your own sub frame or adapt the one that comes with the seat.

R

RIK

Dr Zoidberg said:
cheers rik, sounding more like a plan now :)

did you make your own sub frame or adapt the one that comes with the seat.

made a complete new one

dont take my word on the airbags working.i dont want to be responsable if they dont work

Fordy

Ex. Club Member
if you can find a k12 spec grade e and look under the seats you will see a yellow block under each seat put these into your brown connectors and then the light will be off.

its recommended you disconnect the battery before you disconnect airbags because they could get set off, but i havent had one blow up yet when disconnecting the seat connectors

if the light dont go off you need to go to nissan and ask them to erase the fault in the memory, but if the batterys been disconnected it shouldnt be on

R

RIK

Fordy said:
if you can find a k12 spec grade e and look under the seats you will see a yellow block under each seat put these into your brown connectors and then the light will be off.

its recommended you disconnect the battery before you disconnect airbags because they could get set off, but i havent had one blow up yet when disconnecting the seat connectors

if the light dont go off you need to go to nissan and ask them to erase the fault in the memory, but if the batterys been disconnected it shouldnt be on

oh yeah i looked into this too.....wasnt it you fordy that got me a pick of the yellow blocks?

OP
OP
Dr Zoidberg

Dr Zoidberg

Ex. Club Member
ahh cheers rik and fordy, doubt i'll get any from a scrappy never seen a k12 in there.

guessing i could get them from nissan for a small fortune?? will try the good old bay of e first :)

R

RIK

im going to the scrap yards on sat for some ideas on induction..cos the MAF sensor is in the way lol

so i will have a look for some yellow blokcs for us both.

bout time some info for the k12 was posted,instead of warranty issues lol

nismo_k12

Ex. Club Member
i know where theres 2 k12s a red one and a grey one. Seats etc are still in there but everything else is either gone (hmm) or damaged.

Fordy

Ex. Club Member
i have got all the nissan engine specs like engine oil gearbox oil etc wheel alignment data for k10 k11 k12, just need to bring the cd home to copy it

R

RIK

Fordy said:
i have got all the nissan engine specs like engine oil gearbox oil etc wheel alignment data for k10 k11 k12, just need to bring the cd home to copy it

cool.get it up on here

nismok12..would be nice if you could have a look next time your there for us

R

RIK

no i use a harness now,but the passenger is standard belt

easy to make a frame out of steel plate.just a square with two legs on(the inner side dont need legs)

R

RIK

i was on my way and then seen my overdraft when i got to the bannk lol so i came home

last weekend