Airbag Warning Light

About 2 years ago, i took out the steering wheel (fitted with Airbag) and replaced it with a nismo sport steering wheel (Airbag Less). With harnesses, I'd be very unlucky to hit the steering wheel, but none the less, VOSA and the M.O.T testers didnt mind that untill January 1st 2012,

The best idea would be to reinstall the airbag and reset the code, but i damaged the squib clockspring for the airbag and even if i did put it back together, the airbag wont work and the light will still flash.

Instead of paying out £200 for a new squib, im thinking of cutting the Pink wire in the dash to stop the Airbag Warning light from illuminating,

Not all micra's have airbags,...
My micra is a Nissan Micra S, 998cc 2002, I'm wondering will the M.O.T testers know for sure that this car has/hasn't got an airbag?

Belly93

to turbo or new lump :/ hmmm
I work in an mot station and can find out for sure if you can wait till tomorrow, and id love to know a free way to nok the light out as ive done the same mate and the light flashes away ss i drive

OP
OP
FFsteven
Ahh according to the holy bible of vehicle mechanics, the haynes guide, its the pink wire, it was right with the tachometer, so im guessing it must be right with this