Seats from Primera

Greetings guys and girls

I have decided to install a couple seats from a P12 Primera into my Micra, both for comfort, and to match my interior. I just have one thing boggling my mind about it.

The old seats have airbags, and so do the ones from the Primera, but if I leave the airbag unplugged, then I will have a flashing airbag light, no big deal, but if I plug the Primera airbags into the Micra, will they blow the airbags once I reconnect the battery? I don't want my new seats to be torn apart instantly.

If they will blow up, what size resistor should I use to trick the system into thinking it's actually connected to the airbag? I've read somewhere between 2.2 and 2.6 ohms for the steering wheel airbag connector, but I would really like to know if that would be the same for the seats.

No matter what the seats are going in, airbags or not.

Cheers!

Theres no reason for the new seats to go off. I'd use a safety ohmmeter (Not a normal multimeter, that WILL set off your airbags) to read the resistance if I did it, but if you can't get one then you can always start with about a 5ohm resistor and work down till the airbag light goes out with the ignition on.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Back