Air Filter

scrappy

Ex. Club Member
Has anyone ever fit an air filter to a 95 k11?
I was just wondering if you had problems, it would probs just be a cheap universal one

Cheers
Dan

most people on here have fitted an uprated air filter. doesnt really give you any problems. just gives it a better sound, its proven to make 1-2bhp gian on the dyno...

altough standard airboxes with an uprated panel filter give you better gians as its inclosed and away from heat so it gets more cold air :)

most people on here have fitted an uprated air filter. doesnt really give you any problems. just gives it a better sound, its proven to make 1-2bhp gian on the dyno...

altough standard airboxes with an uprated panel filter give you better gians as its inclosed and away from heat so it gets more cold air :)

so do these prove better than an actual induction kit?

Induction filters sound awesome. My 1995 Super S had it on and it sounded the nuts. It's a cheap and cheerful mod for anyone looking to upgrade the car's sound under acceleration.

Take the battery terminals off for 30 mins or so let the ECU reset itself when you do it, it should let air flow meter calibrate to the new increased amount of air coming in.. I think.

Induction filters sound awesome. My 1995 Super S had it on and it sounded the nuts. It's a cheap and cheerful mod for anyone looking to upgrade the car's sound under acceleration.

Take the battery terminals off for 30 mins or so let the ECU reset itself when you do it, it should let air flow meter calibrate to the new increased amount of air coming in.. I think.

is this true?
didnt know lol

nope not true wont make any diff the maf sensor is set

let me get this straight? panel filter is better than a bolt on filter? so how come they are cheaper? and will you still get the sound?

no you wont get the sound of a non boxed filter, panel filters are cheaper because everyone buys bolt on universal ones etc. but there more prone to heat than a boxed one...

getting the engine cold air is what its about, if you fit a non boxed (induction kit) it sucks in hot air from the engine, where as a boxed panel one carnt as its inclosed.

there is lots of rants about both filters. tbh its said if your really crazy about power get an inclosed one. if you want noise get a non boxed one. iam running a k&n 57i induction kit with a cold air feed, and i have a greencotten panel filter in my shed there both as good as each other imo!

Back