Air Filter & Horn Problems

W

winstonerogers

Hi Guys,

I trust that you will be able to help me out.
I have 1989 Micra K10 1.2 GSX 3 DR

I have 2 Prolems:

No 1:
I want to install a performance air filter, but i cant attach it to the air filter pan bucause the intake pipe is small and is a square whereas my filter is round.
So my guess is to remove the pan? right? if so there is 1 small hose that goes from the engine to the pan and another silver hose , bigger, going i think from the exhause manifold to the intake pipe. What the hell are these two for and what do i do with them when i remove the pan.
Once thats all said and done how do i attach the filter to the carbrettur (pretty sure the spelling is wrong)

Now question 2:
My horn is a problem, when i push the horn it wont sound, i have to keep on pushing hard until it sounds. Now whats wrong here, i was thinking a loose connection if so where would it be?

I appriciate the help in advance, Thank you MSC ;)

Ok well firstly, the pipe going from your rocker cover to your redudent air pan can be blocked with a small filter. I have a small pipercross on mine but there are plenty of filters available from motorfactor shops. To be honest I can't picture the bigger hose. Going from the airfilter to the exhaust? Do you mean the summer/winter hose? All that does is provide the engine with a warm feed (if switched to winter). I have taken mine off as I have the K&N bolt on filter but to be honest on very cold mornings it's not happy at all. :/

The horn thing I'm not sure dude, sounds like a dodgy connector from what you say but no idea on that one. The guys here will know.

hi chap as for your horn id check the horn itself located behind the drivers headlight and check the wires going to that also check the fuse. does it sound when you push very hard? if so the switch in the steering wheel may be damaged its quite easy to pop the cover of the steering wheel to check it :)

as for this air filter can you post up some pics of what your trying to fit? :)

Thanks Guys,
I will give it a try and tell you how it goes, by the way it was the summer/winter hose.

And i will have a look at the horn and check the connections, thanks.

the summer winter hose isnt really critical to running the car but when its cold it wont be happy until its warmed up, during the winter i run a hose from the pipe on the manifold direct to the K&N, you can get a hose from halfords to do this :)

hope this helps ;) ill post a pic when i fit mine this week.

air induction kit problems

hi guys. had a similar problem. got a induction filter with a circular fitting. where exactly dus it go??? pls post sum pics cuz i aint got a clue. up pompey!

driveitlikeyoustoleit said:
hi guys. had a similar problem. got a induction filter with a circular fitting. where exactly dus it go??? pls post sum pics cuz i aint got a clue. up pompey!

Take the air pan off completely and the carburettor has a circular fitting to attach your filter to.

Back