Air filter trouble

T

Thomas666

Hello,

I have some problems with my air filter. I had bought a open air filter. Today I had removed my original air filter. Inside the air filter house (?) are some electronic things. I removed all the pipes witch lay beneath. 1 pipe is coming right out of the exhaust en then goes into my airfilter with some valves after that. I don't know what to do with those pipes (hozes?). My Micra is a 1.2 with Katalysator. Does some people have experience with mouthing a open air filter at this type of engine? Sorry for the bad English.

Greet

The pipe coming off the exhaust is just to supply warm air, I would leave it off the new filter unless you live somewhere very cold. I'm not sure what parts are in the air filter housing on the Kat model. You probably have an idle control valve, ideally this should be located within the new filter.

Hi,

The pipe of the exhaust makes a lot of noise. Should I close it off? And there are also 2 or 3 electronic devices with i think are valves on it. When i removed those pipes from those valves and closed then with a bolt the car would not run properly. When I hit the gas it will directly turn off. Does the carburator has to be adjusted?
I build my original air filter back because I don't like all the trouble around it. But if somene has a solution I'd be glad to hear it!

Tnx

you have the ECC system. They are a right pain, because you have lots of sensors in there, as well as the echaust gas recirculation system.

My advice to you would be put in a higher flowing ring filter, and drill the outside edge of th eair box, which will allow greator flow to your filter, without affecting the sensors.

Another option is to buy a cone air filter and adjust it to fit the underside of your standard air filter. That is the plan i'm getting for at my car someday.

but even if you do that, you'l have to drill out the base of it to mount all the sensors on etc.

Slim said:
but even if you do that, you'l have to drill out the base of it to mount all the sensors on etc.

I ment something different then you understood. You take the base of the old air filter house. you cut it to a certain size. On this base you mount for example a piece of plastic used for plumming. On here you fit a hose with your conical filter attached.

Or something like it...a bit chav...but if manufactured properly it can be beautiful...thinki'm gonna make some of metal.

cheers.

Ps. going to buy a bodykit on saterday from the breakers! :D:D

Back