Air condition?

Hi, my name is Roger from Panama, my car is a 85 Micra GL with K10 .98ci 5 speed 3 door model, wants to now is posible to put air acond. from another nissan model?
I bring this car from Canada, because here only sold the japanese model "March" (year 1985 - 1991)

Regards

JA,JA,JA,...Tanks, but realy we need the air cond. because Panama is too hot.

You Know if this model come with fabric air cond.?

Welcome to the forums! Some of the japanise imports i had air conditioning. Ive only ever seen two micras in the UK with it fitted though so its very hard to come across! Im not sure how easy it would be to fit air con from other cars either but i guess its possible with a bit of work!?

I've got the air con from a japanese K10 if you want it.. it would probably be quite a lot of work to fit it, and I'm not sure what you do about getting it re-gassed or whatever.. If you want it e-mail me, mike (at) mikerandall.co.uk

Regarding the power loss.. Dont quote me on this as I havent looked at it for ages, but I've got a feeling there is a little clutch on the bit the drivebelt attaches to, so when its turned off it doesnt really make any difference to power/fuel economy. I may however have just made that up in my mind, I'm not sure, Ed would know as he had aircon on his first March Superturbo..

Back