Aerial Cable on K11 1.0 Micra

T

technium

Hi

New to this forum, posted few questions in K11 forum but was told to ask this one here as may get few more replies.

The Aerial cable in the car (for the radio) I was told should be like a tv aerial with the main metal bit in the middle and then the outer wire sheath, anyway ive tried to use a connector (old stereo was just ripped out!!) so that I can get radio in my car but the grey aerial cable is thin and has the outer wire sheath but the centre wire is only tiny thin pieces of silver wire not thick like tv aerial so everytime I screw the connector screw onto the centre wire to hold it in place it just breaks, is this right?? is it meant to be thin strands?

Anyhelp appreciated.

thanks

Are you trying to use a TV aerial socket with the K11 aerial wire?!

It should already have a connector on the end of the cable.........

You just need a DIN to ISO convertor to fit a new stereo.

Im trying to use a normal aerial connector to go on the existing cable in the car as the old one was litterally ripped out when the stereo was taken out so all I have is a piece of grey cable but nothing else. But I cant put the aerial fitting on the end as there only seems to be tiny thin silver wire in the center.

thanks

A normal aerial connector wont fit......

You'll need to get a DIN aerial socket to wire in, or find another K11 aerial to replace your one.

A TV aerial socket is not the same as the K11 socket!!!!

Its not a tv aerial connector. There was already one on the end of the k11 cable but someone ripped it off so now its just cable. I already have the iso connectors on the rest of the wires but they are for electrics not the aerial.

this is the connector im talking about which I think is a Din connector but the wire that goes through the center of it is only tiny thin wire on the actual cable.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Car-Stereo-Aerial-Adaptor-Radio-Adapter-Connector_W0QQitemZ5800111947QQcategoryZ14932QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

hope that helps

cheers

yes mate tis very thin... it will be difficult to do as it is very fiddly...

strip to desired legnth then double this, which will allow you to fold the thin wires in the middle, this will make them stronger... fit pieces together very firm ly and you may have to use a bit of tape to support...

try to get it right first time as the cable is only short as it is...

hope this helps

If you cant put connector on, a replacement from a scrappy is probably the easier and cheaper ;) option

thanks everyone, theres no chance of cutting anymore back where it was ripped out its literally only just able to fit with a connector, like you said the scrappy would probably be my best option.

thanks anyway everyone. great forum!!!

No Probs,

Managed to find complete kit from someone breaking a Micro on ebay! £10 bargain

thanks alot

Back