Few Questions on K11 1.0 Micra

T

technium

Hi

Just found this forum so thought I would ask a few questions I have.

1) Is it just mine or other K11's that have problems with putting in fuel, ever garage I goto I cant seem to get fuel into the car without doing it really slowly otherwise the pump nossle stops, Ive tried turning the pump nossle at different angles but it still does exactly the same. Ive never had this problem with any other car Ive had just this one.

2) The Aerial cable in the car I was told should be like a tv aerial with the main metal bit in the middle and then the outer wire sheath, anyway ive tried to use a connector (old stereo just ripped out!!) so that I can get radio in my car but the grey aerial cable is thin and has the outer wire sheath but the centre wire is only tiny thin pieces of silver wire not thick like tv aerial so everytime I screw the connector screw onto the centre wire to hold it in place it just breaks, is this right?? is it meant to be thin strands?

3) Also is there anywhere you can download the service manual on pdf or anything like that at all?

thanks in advance

T

technium said:
Hi

Just found this forum so thought I would ask a few questions I have.

1) Is it just mine or other K11's that have problems with putting in fuel, ever garage I goto I cant seem to get fuel into the car without doing it really slowly otherwise the pump nossle stops, Ive tried turning the pump nossle at different angles but it still does exactly the same. Ive never had this problem with any other car Ive had just this one.

hi, first off welcome to the club. yup think every k11 does this both of mine did/do.

technium said:
2) The Aerial cable in the car I was told should be like a tv aerial with the main metal bit in the middle and then the outer wire sheath, anyway ive tried to use a connector (old stereo just ripped out!!) so that I can get radio in my car but the grey aerial cable is thin and has the outer wire sheath but the centre wire is only tiny thin pieces of silver wire not thick like tv aerial so everytime I screw the connector screw onto the centre wire to hold it in place it just breaks, is this right?? is it meant to be thin strands?

not sure on that one, maybe better posting it in the electrical section at the bottom of the forum, you'll get a better reply.

technium said:
3) Also is there anywhere you can download the service manual on pdf or anything like that at all?

dunno about a downloadable one, it'll be easier to buy the haynes manual. best thing you'll ever get lol.

:)

mine does the same with the petrol.

When i was out on delivery at work we filled the van up with 60 liters of desiel and that was quicker than 12 liters of petrol into my micra!

yup same problem with fuel, i think its the door that stops the nozzle being turned in a way that will allow a faster fillup. But does seem to also depend on the pump your using.

Not sure on the aerial im afraid.

no downloadable manual, that i know of....but there was talk of the offical nissan manual being available on cd over here, as i think a couple of members were getting it from a guy in australia....tho im not sure if this went ahead / or how long it would take.

Easiest way would be to get a haynes manual tho.

with the fuel, turn the fuel pump upside down, so that the handle kind of rests on the fuel cover....and the pump is upside down, looks weird but works, dusk showed me this

Thanks everyone, thought as much about the fuel, got some replies to aerial and think scrappy would be best bet.

thanks again everyone!!

:)

i have the problem with filling up but i get the problem alot at tesco but if i fill up at morrisons i dont have the problem. i think some pumps deliver fuel quicker then others

It is a problem with the breather pipe that stops you filling up to the top, you just have to do it slowly

shell garages dont like my car

last week i put a fiver in then gave up and went down the road!

as for the aerial not too sure mate

Hi everyone - just joined today after buying a used 1994 Micra LX. I collected it on Sunday in Glasgow and pulled into a petrol station to fill up for the 250 mile trip back home. Strange... although the fuel gauge registered empty, after some difficulty ( and cursing the filler nozzle), I managed to get only 25 litres of petrol. After starting the car, the fuel was barely up to three quarters full. Fortunately, it was enough to get me home, but on refuelling yesterday, once again the pump kept stopping and ended after 20 litres had been added. Until reading this thread, I thought that there was a problem with the fuel tank or with the petrol gauge!!!

Back