aerial adapter on k11

I have a K11 with a Sony stereo, the problem is that the radio doesnt work.

I have had a look at I see there is an adapter in the car, the speakers and power has the correct adapter, but im not sure that it is the correct part for the aerial as the wiring doesnt quite sit flush.

Sorry for the poor quality photos.
img20120520150517.jpg

img20120520150453.jpg

img20120520150324.jpg

Can anyone spot a problem here? Could it be a wiring fault between the dashboard and the aerial (on the roof)?

Make sure you have a decent quality adapter, I had no end of problems with the radio cutting out in my mums micra, when my old micra got written off I took the radio out which had a decent quality adaper so I tried that in her car and problem solved. Ive no idea where the original one came from but it just looked pants. Yours looks to be the correct type, but try another one and that might solve the problem. As a coincidence, hers is a Sony too, mabie they are more fussy about their adaptors.

I have a K11 with a Sony stereo, the problem is that the radio doesnt work.

I have had a look at I see there is an adapter in the car, the speakers and power has the correct adapter, but im not sure that it is the correct part for the aerial as the wiring doesnt quite sit flush.

Sorry for the poor quality photos.
img20120520150517.jpg

img20120520150453.jpg

img20120520150324.jpg

Can anyone spot a problem here? Could it be a wiring fault between the dashboard and the aerial (on the roof)?

Hey guys, on the last photo of this post there's the black adapter and the male part.

The female part on mine(black bit) is missing the inner metal cup. Is there anyway I can easily replace the cable/adapter on the end?

My radio has barely any signal and has since I got her.

Just another thing I've had to fix since I bought it :(

Would a Alu foil setup work?