Advice on a cg10d to a cg13 engine change?

Belly93

to turbo or new lump :/ hmmm
im looking to change from a 1.0l to a 1.3 i have looked for cga3 engines and just an engine costs around 250 pound where as i can buy an mot failure cg13 for around 250 300 pound, so i would have engine, ecu, g/box, shafts basically all i need, but i was wondering if theres anything i need to know before i buy the donor car? or any advise on doing the swap

yes it is frank, i know i would need apartf rom obvious engine lol, ecu, wiring harness, anything else?

how come?
because yours has the crank sensor mounted on the g/box, with its crank sensor type flywheel, and different t/b boltholes, and a very different enginebay wiring loom and ecu plug.
just fit a 1.3 crank and rods to your block :)

does this increase cc? and worth replacing the rings and shells while im on cos i may turbo?

i probs would do shells for piece of mind, and is the crank and rods the only difference? and can i use non coilpack parts? scrappy good for parts?

because yours has the crank sensor mounted on the g/box, with its crank sensor type flywheel, and different t/b boltholes, and a very different enginebay wiring loom and ecu plug.
just fit a 1.3 crank and rods to your block :)

Might be a silly question but can you do this without removing the engine

no the engine will have to come out as you need the gear box out to remove the clutch and flywheel from the crankshaft

so i would use the crank the conrods from the 1.3 are the 1.0l pistons flat top? and is the cc difference in the stroke length?
just the bloke in the scrap yard says its not possible to increase cc this way as the 1,3 pistons dont fit and if the difference was the stroke it wouldnt have compression, is he just trying to sell me an engine?
have you done this before frank?

so look on ebay or scrappy for any 1.3 engine? and how would i change the pins on the coilpack one then frank?

so look on ebay or scrappy for any 1.3 engine? and how would i change the pins on the coilpack one then frank?
mine were from scrappies mainly, and this jig pushes against the conrod, not the piston

jig.jpg

thats how i would use the press i would support the piston and press the pin through does this work for the coilpack ones

i see between the conrod and piston preventig force on the piston and sorry ive not stripped may engines that far im unsure on what this means on stripping them :/

i,ve bought 4 or 5 engines over the last couple of years, 50 quid usually :)

Yeah, seems to be the going rate ;) Paid £40 for both my CG13DE autos but a tad more for the CGA3DE though :rolleyes:

Unless you re-use the rings, those later coilpack pistons are a pig to get new rings for :(

Yeah, seems to be the going rate ;) Paid £40 for both my CG13DE autos but a tad more for the CGA3DE though :rolleyes:

Unless you re-use the rings, those later coilpack pistons are a pig to get new rings for :(
a man at a scrappy today wanted to charg me 170 for a 1.3 engine :/, mines a 2000 coilpack 1.0l how come their so bad to get rings for?

a man at a scrappy today wanted to charg me 170 for a 1.3 engine :/, mines a 2000 coilpack 1.0l how come their so bad to get rings for?

No idea but Matt Humphris has been having a heck of a time getting any out of Nissan....

might be asking some one to find me a CGA3DE for me if i cant find one cheap enough up here if yous are payin them prices, would i neeed an ecu if i was to straigh swap the engine?

Back