Wierd Tapping Noise

P

paulhebb

Hi All,

New the forum, I have a Micra 1.5dci sport which makes a wierd tapping noise when driving normally. It is apparent 90% of the time, I have been back to the dealer who says there is no issues. Does anyone else have this problem.

It also makes a loud clatter when you turn the ignition off.

I have had micras for a while now & never had an issue like this any ideas please.

Thanks In Advance

Paul

is it a metal tapping kinda sound?

if so check all the bolts are in the fuel pump protector and tight and that the fuel pump protector bracket hasnt snapped

if not its normal for that engine as they are very very tappety engines, you can blame renault for the engine

Thanks

Thanks Fordy, ive been away a few days and only just been able to check.
It is a metal tapping sound when you gently accelorate some times its louder than others as though the tappets are not adjusted correctly or theres not enough oil getting to them. Also when you turn the engine off it sounds as though the exaust is banging against something. paul

is it a metal tapping kinda sound?

if so check all the bolts are in the fuel pump protector and tight and that the fuel pump protector bracket hasnt snapped

if not its normal for that engine as they are very very tappety engines, you can blame renault for the engine

it sounds completely normal for the k9k engine, im sure k10daz will agree that they sound like a bang of nails most of the time

Back