Aaarrgh... help with fog lights install needed

peposhi

Once I win the Euromillions...
Lads, I dismantled the whole front of the car to fit the JDM fogs, just to find out that I have f*(^&*)(&^g grr lost the guide for cutting holes on bumper !!!

Anyone who can help me with it? :down::down::down:

Pictures, samples, examples, guides?

Otherwise has to be a DIY mayhem ffs.

Not that I don't like doing it, but right now I have no time for playing around :(

And I had the guide ready to use... arrrgh grrgrrgrr!

Fog lamps:
scaled.php

scaled.php

And how they sit on car:

scaled.php

scaled.php

Many thanks in advance!

In what way do you mean guide? just like an installation sheet?
Surely it would be just a case of a hole saw for the correct size for the bumper and the rest would just bolt on in place on the metal 'legs' behind the bumper?
Or am i talking jibberish?

Pepo being a joiner id find this easy to do, try bolting them up to the car with the bumper removed, and then measure from the ground up to the centre of the lamp then from the centre of the car/crossmember to the centre of the lamp again. Use the sizes to mark the bumper when on car to measure from the ground again

Always measure twice and double check before drilling lol

Pepo being a joiner id find this easy to do, try bolting them up to the car with the bumper removed, and then measure from the ground up to the centre of the lamp then from the centre of the car/crossmember to the centre of the lamp again. Use the sizes to mark the bumper when on car to measure from the ground again

Always measure twice and double check before drilling lol
Good advice! Use it wisely Pepo-san! :p

also don't drill to big to begin with. if 60mm is the final size try drilling 56mm to begin with. saves ruining a whole bumper!

But shaun making a 56mm hole into a 60mm with a drill becomes a nightmare. Jiggersaw (jigsaw) or a stanley knife afterwards :)

I really like those fogs mate, do they plug in and come on with full beam??

Now, lads, a BIG "Thank you" for your response!!!

I'll explain how I actually sorted it :) in my next post as my break's just finished :grinning:

Now...
long story short:
I went bonkers when I found out I had no "guide" anymore. And the car was dismantled to that stage :
scaled.php

The "guide" was a piece of paper I made up to take measures and position for the bumper hole (used the original bumper to take proper ones).

So, sat down f256546g p34523d off and started cleaning the bumper.

And - Oh, Heaven! Could you believe it? Japanese people are genius!!! Some mighty J brain has decided that there would be Micra enthusiasts who'd love to mode their car, so he left a tiny mark that shows you where to cut the bumper if you wish to fit fog lights:
scaled.php

Simple! Genius!

Oh, guys I got sooo happy that I finished the whole work in a couple of hours :blues:

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

And there you go - the final result:

scaled.php

scaled.php

And full power, baby :)

scaled.php

Ta-daaa :p

Yeah i have noticed nissan give you all the starting points on a good few things such as:
Spoiler
3rd brake light
Different rear seats
Bumpers aswell now (Y)

Looks good mate, top notch (Y). I might have to buy some now as well :grinning:. And I must say, once you find out you might not be able to complete some mod on your car, but then find another way of doing it, it not only makes you hugely happy, it also means you end up completing said job in less time than it would have otherwise taken you :grinning:

And I agree with you Shaun, this is why I will probably always love older Nissans, they are just soo easy to work on, like Lego cars maybe? :laugh:

Back