A somewhat silly question on headlights

Hello everyone,

I have a somewhat stupid question regarding headlight bulbs. I searched for headlight bulbs, and came across different prices ranging from £0.79 from here to £25 for 2 from here :(

1. What are the differences apart from the obvious?
2. Is there any performance or efficiency issues?
3. Any impact on fuel/power?

Regards

55w bulbs will only take 0.055kw each (about 0.07hp) so fuel/power shouldn't be affected. Anything above 55w is illegal for road use. The bright white ones illuminate the road slightly better, but for the cost I personally wouldn't buy them for anything other than the cleaner look they give your car.
Other people with more experience of the clear white/ultra white bulbs should be sought however :)

55w bulbs will only take 0.055kw each (about 0.07hp) so fuel/power shouldn't be affected. Anything above 55w is illegal for road use. The bright white ones illuminate the road slightly better, but for the cost I personally wouldn't buy them for anything other than the cleaner look they give your car.
Other people with more experience of the clear white/ultra white bulbs should be sought however :)

Thanks Enuo,

So there is not much difference apart from the price! In that case i will get one of those £1.5 ones.

Regards

Here's a little fact I found out through bodgery.
I had one of my Blue/white tinge bulbs go, they have a nice white light....
So, I thought darn it, that will be a tenner out of my pocket... Anyway, I went through my car spares drawer and there was an old yellowish H4 bulb.
I went in my Kitchen drawer and found a WH Smith Blue CD Marker, I went round the bulb to make it blue round outside...
Hey presto when I fitted it, it is white light and matches the other exactly... Da daaa

Very many thanks everyone for reply and participation.

I have ordered a pair of those £0.79 ones from Amazon. Lets see how it turns out.

Regards

Here's a little fact I found out through bodgery.
I had one of my Blue/white tinge bulbs go, they have a nice white light....
So, I thought darn it, that will be a tenner out of my pocket... Anyway, I went through my car spares drawer and there was an old yellowish H4 bulb.
I went in my Kitchen drawer and found a WH Smith Blue CD Marker, I went round the bulb to make it blue round outside...
Hey presto when I fitted it, it is white light and matches the other exactly... Da daaa
has the blue market tint survived the heat tho blanes ?

Yes Frank, amazingly it has lasted the heat with no probs, sounds ridiculous, but adding blue to a standard yellow bulb made it appear exactly the same as those Osram/halfords white lights, I wouldn't have believed it either if I hadn't tried it.... It was a CD marker Pen, I suppose they get quite hot in a CD player but you'd never guess they'd survive bulb temperatures.

I recommend OSRAM Night Breaker Plus. Fully road legal E marked. Price is reasonable and they do light up the road a lot more.

But if you'd rather look cool and not where you're going then that's up to you

+1 for Osram NB+. They do make a difference on a proper dark road.
At the moment I'm running OSRAM Cool Blue, and although the light colour is very nice, they are awful at lighting up the road.

Such an awkward colour.

Back to my NB+ tonight :)

Hello every one,

Got the bulbs that I had ordered. Wanted to fit it but noticed the old one okay but there is a piece connected in front of it which prevent it from looking normal.

Can someone plrase tell me what is the function of that piece is and how to remove it?

Regards

Back