A slight rattle when changing gear?

Micra Jim

Ex. Club Member
Hey,

I have a confession.

I have been beating my K10 up abit recently. Ever since ive done the air pan mod, my car has been sounding ace.

So i have been showing that off, by pushing my Micra a bit more i should do. And this problem has arisen.

At low speeds when changing up the gears, and proceed to put my clutch down, there is a metallic rattle which disappears after a few seconds. Sounds like something has bent and hitting something? Not sure on this.

Also my engine dont sound too pretty, sounds like something is mis-firing, but i dont think it's acually mis-firing. Strange one, but i guess its hard to describe using my keyboard!

Anyone pushed there Micra around a bit, and hearing something similar?

Thanks for any help!

my k10's has started making a noise that sound similar to the one you describe, it seen to come from the first sliencer on the exhaust. I've had a look and there is nothing lose

my micra had a similar rattle, it turned out to be a shield on the exhaust right near the motor, almost under it. didn't hurt anything so i just lived with the rattle, get under, have a look, you might be able to see it from the hood too. Good luck.

trevor

trevor72 said:
my micra had a similar rattle, it turned out to be a shield on the exhaust right near the motor, almost under it. didn't hurt anything so i just lived with the rattle, get under, have a look, you might be able to see it from the hood too. Good luck.

trevor

ive got exaclty the same

haha, I used to think that it was soo anoiing but when I raced people and won it was funny because they lost to something that sounded like it was coming unglued!

trevor

Back