A mates fiesta problems...

micra man

Golf GTi Turbo
Hey,

Ok so its not micra related but its a problem which has been bugging me and my mate for a while now. His fiesta keeps cutting out when he comes up to junctions, when changing down a gear. The revs seem to drop too low and sometimes it cuts out. So far we have tried, giving it a full service, i.e. changing the oil/fuel/air filter, spark plugs as they were a bit dodgy anyway, idle control valve, and nothing has worked!!! At first I thought that it was fuel related but I had a drive and it seems like its only when stopping and changing down a gear that it happens. The quicker you stop the worse it seems to be. I can't see it been the timing or anything like that as it appears to run fine any other time. Just thought with there been a few people on here who know more than me may be able to help?? It is a Fiesta Mk4, T-reg, 1.25 Zetec. Thanks for the help... if anyone can help. :s

Dan - MM. :)

my mate had a prob like that in his civic, turns out there was dirt in the fule filter that was gettin caught, once he changed it that was fine

Back