Nissan Patrol 1 Ford Fiesta 0

Kev

Pro Cut Vinyl
Founding Member
Official MSC Trader
Whilst on the way to visit my grandad in hospital last saturday evening we travelling along a road into the leicester general and pulled up at a junction.

Sitting there for around 10-15 seconds, we hear a screech of tyres coming from behind us and all a sudden hear a massive bang, but we didn't really move or feel it that much.

We got out to inspect to see a ford fiesta merged with the rear of our patrol with a young lady driver in a bit of state. She was only doing 30mph and her brakes locked in wet and slippery conditions and basically launched into the back of us and there was nothing see could do.

The Patrol didn't even have a stratch on it anywhere and on my lord you should have seen the state of the fiesta, almost like hitting a brick wall at 30mph. There was litterally nothing left of the front end, engine mounts twisted, radiator lodged into the engine block, front bumper in bits, bonnet pushed up into the windscreen and headlights where completely destroyed.

Certainly seeing this makes you realise this time of year when the roads are wet it doesn't exactly take speed to cause such a mess, shocking really!

Kev

Not good!!! Yeah the 4x4's can stand up to most things, but don't half make a mess of other smaller vehicles. Glad everyone was ok though, thats what matters. :)

of course there was something she could do. She should have allowed a better braking distance for a start. Theres always something that can be done.

She should be prosecuted for driving without due care and attention UNLESS there was a fault with the vehicle

Yeah i dont see the point in prosecution, she was only young, we all make occasional mistakes, i think her insurance claim wud b enough punishment.... thats what i found after my accident 2 years ago neway..

so because your young, your allowed to get away with driving dangerously?

Hitting the rear of another vehicle is one of 2 of the most stupid types of accident, and shouldnt happen under any circumstance. The other is driving on the wrong side of the road. This may be in the form of overtaking other vehicles, parked cars, or even passing a stationary bin lorry.

Kev said:
She was only doing 30mph and her brakes locked in wet and slippery conditions and basically launched into the back of us and there was nothing see could do.

Nothing she could do, apart from follow other cars at a safe distance for the current conditions.

she probly was a safe distance from the patrol,kev said they was parked up a short while until the crash

its just carelesness,probly daydreaming

no, i have never crashed.

following at a safe distance is the first thing you should do.

carlesness, daydreaming, whatever. It costs lives.

Back