A few questions

CMF_Polarbear

» CMF Member
Alright, so I have my Micra now. I recall one of the ones at my local wreckers has a spoiler so I plan to go get that tomorrow, how are they attached and will it fit straight on? (Do I have to drill holes?)

I want to put in central locking (mines a 5 door) and I noticed today that I can't lock the drivers door with it open. How can I remove that so the central locking works properly? Anyone got some photos?

CMF_33driver

» CMF Member
Don't know of a way to stop the locking thing its a safety feature so you don't lock your keys in the car.

Thats not a problem for central locking though, the solenoid just won't lock that door if its open, simple. Probably not a good thing to keep locking it with the door open, may burn the solenoid out, but normal day to day use should be fine, thats how i have mine set up.

CMF_solarice

» CMF Member
Polarbear the standard micra spoiler is held on with two bolts/nuts up top (access is through two rubber gromets on the inside of the boot lid) and theres also a plastic clip on each side near the bottom this iirc requires you to push up the spoiler to unclip them, which is easier said than done seeing as the whole thing is also double sided tape down.

If youre fitting it to a non spoilered boot lid the lower clips wont matter as you wont have the oval cutouts for half the clips (unless you make them). You will need to drill two holes for the top bolts though or you just cut them off and bond the whole thing down. :)

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
solarice, sounds as if you have a different set up to what we had here, there was no drilling required as spoiler could be bought as an accessory. The '3 sided' type as came on on Super S model may be different but as far as I know all hatches will accept the spoiler without any drilling required.

Mychael

CMF_solarice

» CMF Member
mipcar, yeah will depend on the style...theres a few different ones here, though id suspect they'd all bolt on :/

Are all your spoilers not the same as the super s / sr versions we have over here? (the full wrap around type)...the bolts here are rivited to the spoiler, so i guess its possible they removed that later on. :)

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
Correct, over here we had only two types of spoiler. The full wrap type, Super S/SR and the one that just went across the top and was an optional extra. On those ones there are little plastic clips on the spoiler to which you attach the 'feet' (also plastic) that are held to the glass with double sided tape.

Mychael

CMF_Polarbear

» CMF Member
Ok, so apparently there's a bit of a fuel smell in my micra when you fill it all the way up... could it be like the cover under the back seat not pushed down properly or something? Gonna have a look tomorrow and see if I can figure it out, but has anyone had this problem before?

Back