New Owner: A Few Bodywork Questions.

Hello all,

Bought a nice little Y reg K11c a few weeks back and I've been going though and doing the mechanical side of the service. Tomorrow I'll finish that off and move on to the cosmetics, however I have a few questions;

1) The aerial has been snapped off and only the base remains. I presume I'll have to remove the headliner and get it out from inside the car. What sort of a replacement am I looking for, an ebay beesting job or do I have to go get a genuine Nissan one?

2) Sagging doors. It's only slight but enough to annoy my OCD. I'm guessing I have to remove the front quarterpanels and adjust or replace the hinges. Am I on track here or is there an easier way?

3) The panel above the glovebox on the dash is a bit of a mess. Is it easy to remove? I'd like to spray that and the centre radio panel with something that isn't tacky metallic silver.

4) It's a (go faster!) red 'un. Unfrotunately that means it's got a bit of clearcoat hazing. I've bought some Meguiars Ultimate Compound as I've heard good things about it and I've used Meguiars stuff before. I'd like to remove the door handles and such to make the job a bit easier. Do I have to remove the door card inside to get them off?

Cheers guys!

Back