A few questions help apreciated please

Hey guys i got a few questions that i was wondering if anybody could help me with

1) is there a pcv filter on a 1995 k11 micra 1.0l and if so if the filter was nackered would it affect the performance of the car?

2)what is a evaporative emissions carbon cannister and again if its nackered can it affect the performance of the car?

3) where is the plug to put gear box oil in my car and to drain it out and also what gearbox oil and how much is needed ?

thanks alot Jay

1. yes there is its a small sponge filter inside the air filter box
2. Pre 98 defo dont have a carbon cannister, not heard of it affecting performance although i ripped mine out altogether and still passed the mot with flying colours.
3. Pretty sure its 3L through the speedo sensor found just above where the drive shafts go in, drain plug right at the bottom and requires a 17mm hex driver (giant alan key).

Jase don't confuse him, he's on about a different carbon canistor not the air intake one you've got lol ;)

Or maybe he is :s I'm confused, cheers guys that's me confused all evening now :S

Shr3k

Micra jas is correct, found out after snooping under Ollies bonnet last night. Didnt think it was a requirment pre 2000 thats all. lol
Anyway doesnt affect MOT ripping it out.

lmao im confused now aswell, its a cylindrical shaped black thing next to the fuel filter behind/next to the airbox, i wondered what it was checked my haynes manual and thats what it said it was called wondered what it does- i ask about the performance as my car is ####e on hills or i think it is, now its either loss of power through something being wrong or nackered or its just the fact the car is a 1.0 :S
thanks for the replies

yes its the black cylinder shaped thing placed on the firewall with vacum/air lines going in and out of it. But like whrenhable said, u can just take it out as it doesnt realy do anything :)

its just a requirement on new cars, think it absorbs the carbon in the petrol fumes and sucks it through the engine when you release the throttle when the engines doing above 2krpm so there burnt off.
not an legal requirement once the cars left the factory.

Theres a hose going to the bottom of the throttle body with a small electonic valve, disconnect the plug on top. then the rest of the wires just need to be able to breath, prefibly pointing down.

Theres a hose going to the bottom of the throttle body with a small electonic valve, disconnect the plug on top. then the rest of the wires just need to be able to breath, prefibly pointing down.

surely the hose from the fuel tank would need bunging up as otherwise fuel would evaporate?

generally,carbon canistors condense excess fuel vapours from expanding tank and put them into the inlet manifold/throttle body, and also act as a measure to stop the vaccuum in the tank as fuel is drawn from it, not that that really answers any more of youre questions o_O ...

Back