A coilover service?

h701micra

Deactivated Account
Had an idea the other day but wasn't sure what you'd all make of it.
I've had a few dealings with the modification of coilovers the past couple of years. Not just for micras either. At least 1 person a week asks about coilovers and how to modify them. Sure there's threads about to help them modify their new coilovers.
However not everyone has the tools, skill or confidence to do this. So what if there was a service to modify said coilovers for a small fee? Would this be something that would interest anyone?
(Have to admit I havent done a k11 setup but I'm sure its the same principal as others)

I don't you'd make a lot from it tbh, as to modify most of the coilovers to fit micras all you need is a file/drill and/or a grinder

It can be very time consuming, I doubt you'd make much money. I think you'd be best off deciding on best lowering setup, theh making jigs and making up a few sets, tacking on a small profit and offer them up, but they may sit a while, Micra owners can be right skinflints

Would be a useful, but niche, service. Probably not much money to be made from the labour (which will prob. be a lot of trial + error) + if one goes wrong then you are opening yourself up for a whole world of liability.

Not trying to be a negative nancy - I've thought abour similar little bits and bobs but the financial rewards are always going to be small.

The liability side did cross my mind. It was more opening an option to those that cant modify any coil over but want to use them.
It could go wrong too but there's no reward without risk I was told :)

I dunno. I like enuo's idea too. Fabbing up a whole set up which is a direct bolt on
Have been trying with the idea of getting a straight swap coil over made up

Back