A big applaud to the CG10

capnmchl

Ex. Club Member
My god what an amazing little engine.

Has just done 450 miles at a constant 80mph, which is about 4500RPM. For half of that, it had 5 hefty people, plus about 2 peoples worth of petrol, beer, food, and luggage, and it didn't even miss a bit. And it still pulled really well up the hills.

It may not be much, but that is a seriously good little engine.

And on the way home with just me in the car, it was a smooth as butter.

And, I did those 450 miles, on £44 worth of fuel :D

the cg10 is an awsome engine! ive have people in saxo vts or vtr same differance whove tried to race me and just not been able to keep up in a twisty road and theyve got to the end of the road and gave me a thumbs up because they just cant belive how well it pulls (bare in mind theres only me in the car and no rear seats) but even so, a 1.6 should out pull a 1.0L but yeahh! well done to the CG10!!!!

Maybe it was a 450 mile long private road?

Yeah I <3 my little engine, just never fails me.

I've had my car almost 2 years now, starts first click every time, and seems to run off air!

it's a beautifully over-engineered engine.
As lots of members in here have said, rust kills the car not the engine unlike the majority throught the market.

Btw i live in a 33km long island xD so i can never experience such driving, unless i go overland which scares me a little with a 14yr old micra...tho it works amazingly...., mine still starts as it did on the first day... Even sadly enough it sleeps outside.

How many miles ..have you ever hear of a cg10 have done on the clock?

it's a perfect car in our country, it being a city car

I lie with the 80 a bit. It's 80 on my speedo, and when I used the sat nav last, that was about 74mph.

But in all honesty, 80 or 74 mph on the motorway isn't really a big deal imo. I mean, the speed limit in france is 80 on the motorway and they have very few crashes, and it's unlimited on the autobahn in germany and they have very few crashes so...

Great little engine!!!!!! I'd say it slowed alot when going up hill with all that weight, my k11 did when only I was in it lol. Even the st can sustain high speed for along time. . . . for 3months ,5days a week about 2years ago it did lets say 20mph faster than that for 100km's a day:laugh: No problem when she's looked after like a baby

Just my pennies worth, as an ex-BMW technician working with most performanced engines, M3, alpina, schnitezer e.t.c they like to drink juice even if you drive sensible, but my second car is a 1.0l micra and have to say nothing can beat japanese technology.. allthough everything they make in performance has to be turboed!! but with nissans micras, its the best car a city can have.. petrol, insurance, road tax e.t.c., my other car is an alpina.. which is purely for peformance (natural aspirated).

J

mine did 80 quite happily for long periods of time, though I went back to 70 to save on fuel.

Though I did 80mph legally on a French toll auto route in the dry.

it's a beautifully over-engineered engine.
As lots of members in here have said, rust kills the car not the engine unlike the majority throught the market.

Btw i live in a 33km long island xD so i can never experience such driving, unless i go overland which scares me a little with a 14yr old micra...tho it works amazingly...., mine still starts as it did on the first day... Even sadly enough it sleeps outside.

How many miles ..have you ever hear of a cg10 have done on the clock?

it's a perfect car in our country, it being a city car
I had an auto that had done 185K which started,ran & drove perfectly.
Supurb bit of engineering.

Back