CG10 Performance Questions, Help Appreciated

Hi,

Any idea if a 4-2-1 exhaust manifold from an sr20det will fit a 1.0 k11 engine? (have found one for £30 and don't want to miss out on the opportunity of a decent price)

Also, what are peoples opinions on reprofiling a 1.4 inlet cam, which I believe has 8.32mm of lift and 236 deg duration? Autosprint can reprofile them to 260 deg and 9mm lift but I don't see there being much gain as its only another 0.7mm lift, but wanted to get other peoples opinions?

And finally, what gains can be had from a ecu map on a CG10 with only mods that have been done is 1.4 inlet cam and ga16 box with cold air feed? (or is the ecu map pretty pointless since its only a CG10). Would the map be more worth it if the manifold was changed to a 4-2-1?

Thanks.

To the best of my knowledge / if it were mine:

No a SR20 manifold won't fit. A SR20DET probably more so as it will have provision for a turbo.

CG13DE cams will fit in a CG10DE and are a known upgrade, many cams go to 9mm lift so it must either be enough or is limited by other things. The
CG13DE cams seem an easier option to me. If yours is a later coil pack CG10 then the CGA3DE 1.4 is probably the go as it's probably more compatible.

There are gains to be had even with standard cams from tuning the ECU, I'd say extractors are definately worthwhile, probably more worthwhile than cams, get as many of your planned mods done as possible before tuning. Nistune is a good but easier and cheaper tuning option IMO.

To the best of my knowledge / if it were mine:

No a SR20 manifold won't fit. A SR20DET probably more so as it will have provision for a turbo.

CG13DE cams will fit in a CG10DE and are a known upgrade, many cams go to 9mm lift so it must either be enough or is limited by other things. The
CG13DE cams seem an easier option to me. If yours is a later coil pack CG10 then the CGA3DE 1.4 is probably the go as it's probably more compatible.

There are gains to be had even with standard cams from tuning the ECU, I'd say extractors are definately worthwhile, probably more worthwhile than cams, get as many of your planned mods done as possible before tuning. Nistune is a good but easier and cheaper tuning option IMO.

Hi,

Thanks for your advice. I have the 1.4 inlet installed, its a decent power gain, but trying to figure whether there would be much more gain from reprofiling it from 8.32 to 9mm and 236 deg to 260 deg. Any opinion on this?

And okay thanks for the info on manifold. I'll just have to keep a look out for a K11 4-2-1 manifold that won't break the bank!

Thanks.

Hi,
Thanks for your advice. I have the 1.4 inlet installed, its a decent power gain, but trying to figure whether there would be much more gain from reprofiling it from 8.32 to 9mm and 236 deg to 260 deg. Any opinion on this?
Thanks.
I have little to no experience here but...
Cams generally have the effect of moving the peak torque further up the rev range, we don't get CG10DEs here so I have no experience with them but if driving it around now and it won't rev high enough then there's a case for cams, if you want more torque low down / drivability it's likely this will suffer with more aggressive cams.
The cg10 uses the same head and valves so a standard head on a CG10 has more potential before breathing becomes the restriction. It depends what you want, if you want to have a screamer then yes cams, if you want something a bit better behaved I think you already have some gains from the CGA3DE cams.

The cam profile you're quoting is from the JDM CGA3DE Alpha engine. The UKDM engines have the same cam profile as the CG13DE, which is 222deg and about 7.9mm lift.

Back