9000rpm 1.0 !!

Good stuff - I've heard rumours of it being gor for 8,500 but that's some positive info - maybe I won't necessarily need forged internals :D
Craig

craig

the limiter cuts at 32mph in 1st on petrol and i took it to 38 on gas then lifted,
i,ve been ragging it like that sometimes from day 1, thinking that i had a limiter :grinning:
so yes the 1.0,s will stand it no probs !

Thats impressive frank.

I'm more impressed you haven't destroyed it, if you had done that to my turbo all sorts of bits would have broken off. lol

Wow thats ace, i only got mine to the limiter for the first time yesterday (first time i've dared lol), about 7300, which is about 30 in 1st and 57 in 2nd.
Discussion of street racing is not permitted on the MSC.

You'll probably find that the tachometer is actually a bit inaccurate Ceirwan, the limit is actually 6.9k I think.

By the way, discussion of street racing is not permitted on the MSC!

Hmm well if tie that in with the speedo overeading as well thats probably about right, sorry didn't think it counted as street racing, as we had both just joined the motorway and just accelerated up to 60mph. (As opposed to wheel spin off the lights etc.)

Who said owt about street racing? :)

That is crazy frank you need some sounds to go with those vids though, would love to hear the micra scream like an f1 car lol.

i put the gas nozzle higher up (above the venturi, instead of inside it) to get a better airflow
before
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f47/TomEA/PICT0045.jpg
and after
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f47/TomEA/PICT0052.jpg
and also put a bit of tape over the disc hole in the dizzy, to remove the limiter when on petrol as well
so here,s the exhaust sound (was ticking over at about 500 then i stalled it :wasntme:
http://www.micra.org.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=9503&stc=1&d=1204408290
and did another vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSPv0wIsPIA
(did,nt hit 9000, i dont want to throw a rod while its running so well :D )

Attachments

• Recording3.mp3
    54.2 KB · Views: 377
i think the 1.0 would rev well over 10,000rpm if it had no limiter. but there would be little point, as power would be minimal above 5500rpm

lol, stick some ultimate cams in there and see the power!!!..

it would be like a little motorbike engine..

That is what I thought, but if the ecu is getting no rpm signal, then how does it know the speed of the engine and therefore what part of the map to look into?
Craig

Maybe it is going into some sort of limp mode and just trying to hit stoich?
Any chance you could read the lambda voltages?
Craig

that is very impressive, but you will blow a gasket like that lol

get the insides out, get them machined so they are perfectly balanced and weighted, and then get the block ported and gas flowed with some ceramic coating and you can safely do those kinds of RPMs :D

nex

time will tell ;)
i can,t believe that you guys will pay the same for a pair of back lights, as i,ve payed to knock about 6 seconds off my 0 to 60 :confused:

nex

time will tell ;)
i can,t believe that you guys will pay the same for a pair of back lights, as i,ve payed to knock about 6 seconds off my 0 to 60 :confused:

yea, if it does fail it would be good to know what goes first, so that part can be toughened.

wait til you see how much i have spent on my car's performance ;) still a WIP tho lol

nex

when this engine is on its last legs, i,ll do a vid at full throttle, and see which bit lets go first :D (1.0 engines are dirt cheap nowadays eh ! our local scrappy has got 4)

nex

when this engine is on its last legs, i,ll do a vid at full throttle, and see which bit lets go first :D (1.0 engines are dirt cheap nowadays eh ! our local scrappy has got 4)

cool :D do it :D

yea in my local scrappy we have mountains of them, they have a skip just for micra engines lol

yeh, it,ll have to be a brick on the throttle and some loooong tacho wires eh :laugh: , and my little kart tacho too, this one only goes up to 11000
personally, i think it,ll have mad valvebounce at about 10 or 11000 and slowly sieze up, rather than go bang

i think the engine would be good for 10,500 rpm before valve bounce. ive seen a 1.4 rally engine at 14,000rpm.....but that was dyno testing and not under any load.

a 1.0 with shorter throw would be a very nice little experiment.. hmm....double valve springs anyone?..haha

robb

there,s a 1.3 crank and rods in the garage (could make this engine into a high compression, light g/box flyer)
but i love 1.0,s me :love: (i gotta get out more :p )

looool! Have you noticed much of a difference in mpg? I used to rag my 1.0 ally everywhere and still got nearly 40mpg.

robb

this testing while on petrol is killing me ! (put about £20 in this week :wow: )
i,m back on gas now thank god

Back