6 by 9s speakers

is their any point in puttin 6*9 speakers in boxes sittting in the boot? how much difference will they make? to having standard speakers on doors and on parcel shelf?

in boxes?

Not sure i'm with you...

If you have a sub don't bother with 6x9's, i did and the sound stage moved to the rear of the car. However if you don't have a sub stick them on a MDF shelf and uprate your door speakers. you wont regret it :D

wilsonian said:
As mentioned - I wouldn't bother with 6x9's if you had a sub in the boot :)

Do need 6x9's with a sub IMO, with my setup I have voices in the front, Intrements on the 6x9's and Bass on the Sub...

Sounds Lush!

wilsonian said:

but doesnt the sub just run bass? and 6x9's run music and small bass. wouldnt it sound crap with a sub and standard speakers? id rather have 6x9's and front componats insted of a sub.

You can do it - don't get me wrong. But what I found was the sound stage was set back - granted you could drop the volume on the rear but IMO it's a waste...

cool, changing the door speakers and getting 6*9s on a back shelf is no problem, what else could i add instead of a sub? if i get components, how would i amp them up if the amp is in my boot?

wilsonian said:

I have in mine and also think it sounds great. The head unit's fader is aimed towards the front, to give plenty of bass and a decent sound throughout, not too OTT in the rear.

It could be better, but for me, and what i want, its perfect and i have no complaints!

True, TBH i listen to alot of heavy base lines, lots of hardcore and metal so I want the sound up front and "in my face" rather than on my pacel shelf! :D

micra_k11 said:
what about if i get 6by9s on the shelf and get components in the boot?

You want sound coming in front of you.

Put amped components in the front doors (i.e. where you actually sit!!!!) and be done.

Dont forget the sound deading... my cousin shattered that thing which is behind his front wing mirror (so mirror cannot be adjusted) to bass but I put some sound deading in the door and it doesnt seem to vibrate as much! Dont turn it up much anyway.

What I'm working on now is 6x9 in the rear quarters. I have made mdf templates and am just testing how it sounds...

IMHO its a small car so it has to be sub or 6x9s in the back... and you may be better off with a sub and amped components in the front... the two didnt seem to sound as good on mine so lets see where my experiment goes... I think 6.5" might sound better than 6x9 in the rear side panels (its a 2 door).

What components are you considering?

deadening* ooops

Back