6 x 9s - Where else could I install apart from parcel shelf?

Hi all,

As the thread title really - I've seen some people install them in their front door - but has anyone got any stories/ideas on where else and how to install 6 x 9 speakers than the popular parcel shelf please?

thanks! :D

goldstar0011 said:
I was thinking about some speakers in the rear quatre panels but would have to make more stable

What do you mean? what would you have to make more stable?

I like the idea about rear door cards...has anyone here done that or got any pictures of that kind of install please? I'm really interested in how you would get on with that.

Alienfish - thanks for the link mate ,I think I might well go with Infinity Kappa as my next brand.....but that's a lot of money for just one pair of speakers. Why will 6 x 9 distort? I'll try and msn u too!

With 6*9 you have the same problem as with any coaxial speaker, but because of the increased surface area of the cone of the 6*9 it has a greater affect.

Because the tweeter(s) sit in the center above the cone, when you starting trying to output decent volume, then the air movement from the cone pushes the tweeters around and in severe cases does blow them.

You get the same affect with a big sub in the boot with speakers in the shelf.

With a component speaker you can adjust the height and aim of the tweeters as they are seperate, allowing for superior sound staging. And as they are seperate and you'd have the 6.5" driver down below and tweeters on the dash, they won't get pushed around.

That is superb quality for little cash, especially as far as components go. TBH a good set of front components run from a decent amp, and a half decent sub and amp will be FAR superior than sub and 6*9s but I can get around 20% discount on Infinity

Back